• President/CTO
  • The Sailor Group, Inc.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a visualforce page and apex to handle configuration of our line items on an opportunity.  How do we restrict updating of the line item fields to only allow update of these records by code?   We don't want the users to update these fields manually.  

We can't change the CRUD permissions to read only because they won't be able to update via the code. 

Can this be accomplished with validation rules or triggers?

When looking for a job in the scheduled jobs - My scheduled job is not showing
When I try to create it (Thinking it got deleted), I get an error message that it is already created?

Here is the limitation from Salesforce Documentation 

The following statement is vague:

Outbound Email: Limits for Single and Mass Email Sent Using Apex

• You can send single emails to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Single emails sent using the application don't count towards this limit.
  • You can send mass email to a total of 1,000 external email addresses per day per organization based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). The maximum number of external addresses you can include in each mass email depends on the Edition of Salesforce you are using.

There are 2 email limits which apply to a user or org.

i.e. For Enterpirse

•   Mass Email - Max 500 emails per Org - It is obvious that the mass email UI and Mass Email API will count toward this number. Correct?

• Single Emails -  The Mass email states "Per Org", however the Single Emails does not specify whether it is per org or per license.   Is there a maximum of 1000 outbound emails per active license or per org? 

It also states single emails sent using the application.  Which application?  i.e. using the send email button on leads and contacts?

Does workflow emails count against Mass Email, SIngle Email Limits or neither?

We have a visualforce page and apex to handle configuration of our line items on an opportunity.  How do we restrict updating of the line item fields to only allow update of these records by code?   We don't want the users to update these fields manually.  

We can't change the CRUD permissions to read only because they won't be able to update via the code. 

Can this be accomplished with validation rules or triggers?

Hi there,

First time post here, I am hoping to find a solution to my problem from one of you talented developers! I recently implemented an opportunity validation rule which requires users to update the 'close date' field anytime the opportunity 'stage' is set to either Awarded/WIP/Lost/Cancelled, this is all that I want to happen. However, users are recieving the 'update close date' error message anytime they update any field while the 'stage' is set to Awarded/WIP/Lost/Cancelled (due to the limitations of the validation rule). I have tried to resolve this issue with Premier Success to no avail, they suggested that this issue can only be resolved via code development. Which brings me here.

Has anyone encountered this before, I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

Scott 

We have a requirement to store image as part of a record.Is there a way?

Currently  I am thinking of storing document Id in a text field(since there is no way of having lookup of Document) in the record and when the page loads the image from the documents will be fetched and displayed.