• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have also 2 other questions.

Using rest apis, how do I change and/or reset a user password? (Do you have a code sample showing which property to set, if password is sent plain text, encoded, hashed etc...)

Also, how do I "disable" an account using the REST apis?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

I'm new to SalesForce.

I have created a test account, read the documentation and created a developer test account:

- created the remote access app.

- reinitialized the security token and managed to login (oath + user + password + security token) and get the list of users from a client application in my internal network.

Unfortunately, the list of returned users is not the list of users that I have created in SF.

I then switched to my real SF account (trial within 30 days) and setup the correct credentials.

The login is succesfull, I get a correct token, and the history connection in my account shows that my application has successfully logged in.

Now, the problem is that every subsequent rest api call fails with a 403 forbidden error.

Could you please explain what I'm missing, since the code behaves correctly in the dev environment?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have also 2 other questions.

Using rest apis, how do I change and/or reset a user password? (Do you have a code sample showing which property to set, if password is sent plain text, encoded, hashed etc...)

Also, how do I "disable" an account using the REST apis?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

I'm new to SalesForce.

I have created a test account, read the documentation and created a developer test account:

- created the remote access app.

- reinitialized the security token and managed to login (oath + user + password + security token) and get the list of users from a client application in my internal network.

Unfortunately, the list of returned users is not the list of users that I have created in SF.

I then switched to my real SF account (trial within 30 days) and setup the correct credentials.

The login is succesfull, I get a correct token, and the history connection in my account shows that my application has successfully logged in.

Now, the problem is that every subsequent rest api call fails with a 403 forbidden error.

Could you please explain what I'm missing, since the code behaves correctly in the dev environment?

Thanks.