• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are using outbound messages to synchronize updates to Salesforce data with an external database.  I believe that this was working at one time, but I recently discovered that all failing messages are not being retried, and I'm trying to track this down and fix it.  Specifically, I've configured my PHP outbound message processor to intentionally fail ALL messages just for testing.  I have confirmed that Salesforce's Outbound Message web request is receiving the following SOAP reply:

HTTP/1.1 500 forcing failure for testing 
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 22:00:20 GMT 
Server: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) 
Content-Length: 300 
Connection: close 
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="http://soap.sforce.com/2005/09/outbound"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:notificationsResponse><ns1:Ack>false</ns1:Ack></ns1:notificationsResponse></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I've seen some sample XML responses posted that are slightly different than this but (1) this is what the PHP SoapServer class is generating as defined by the WSDL, and I'd prefer to use that rather than generating a custom response by hand, and (2) I think the namespace definitions, while different, are equivalent.  I also feel like any HTTP status code of 500 should be considered an error by Salesforce, but I included a full SOAP response anyway just in case that made any difference.  I've also tried using 400 HTTP status codes with the same result.

I've confirmed that I've got current WSDL for the outbound message.  I can see the outbound message in the queue when it gets sent, but it appears to just "go away" after that.

I'm kind of at my wit's end here because I can't understand why that response is being taken as a successful result.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Troy

About three weeks ago, some of the Leads generated by our Lead process were not properly handled, and I got the following e-mail about it:

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization: 00580000001iTe7/00D80000000xxxx

LeadAfterInsert: System.LimitException: The daily limit for the org would be exceeded by this request

I looked into the governor limits and tried to determine what was going wrong, but within 24-hours the situation resolved itself.  I opened a case with developer support but they have not been able to tell me what the problem is yet.  I had hoped it was a one-time thing I wouldn't see again.
However, this morning I started getting these notices again.  I also noticed in the meantime that the exception isn't the type I'm used to seeing -- normally there is a stack trace indicating where the exception was thrown from.  This seems to indicate that the trigger was not run at all because of the exception.
We're not using any of the things that I've seen that have daily limits (sites, future methods) and our API requests are around 3k/18k.  I'm clueless as to where to look to figure this out.  I'm currently looking into the 1000-address per day email limit, but this trigger does not send email as far as I know.
Thanks in advance for any ideas you might be able to offer!
Troy

About three weeks ago, some of the Leads generated by our Lead process were not properly handled, and I got the following e-mail about it:

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization: 00580000001iTe7/00D80000000xxxx

LeadAfterInsert: System.LimitException: The daily limit for the org would be exceeded by this request

I looked into the governor limits and tried to determine what was going wrong, but within 24-hours the situation resolved itself.  I opened a case with developer support but they have not been able to tell me what the problem is yet.  I had hoped it was a one-time thing I wouldn't see again.
However, this morning I started getting these notices again.  I also noticed in the meantime that the exception isn't the type I'm used to seeing -- normally there is a stack trace indicating where the exception was thrown from.  This seems to indicate that the trigger was not run at all because of the exception.
We're not using any of the things that I've seen that have daily limits (sites, future methods) and our API requests are around 3k/18k.  I'm clueless as to where to look to figure this out.  I'm currently looking into the 1000-address per day email limit, but this trigger does not send email as far as I know.
Thanks in advance for any ideas you might be able to offer!
Troy

I am having a love hate relationship with the extensive SFDC documentation.  I love there is sooo much documentation, I hate there is sooo much documentation.  Here is my issue....

My boss just walked into my office and said you administer the Accounting solution right??, ok, we need data to get into the accounting system from SFDC. Take care of it. :)

Well...I have never used salesforce, apex, and don't know where to start......

Here is what I want to do.  I have built a custom object with 10 fields on it. When the user hits save, I need to construct an http post request to a non-sfdc address that contains structured XML for the accounting solution gateway and contains the values of my 10 fields.

I was hoping someone could just point me in the right direction where to start.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Triggers? Apex? Workflow? Outbound message?