• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello Community,

I would like to ask about the best practice and direction to the below requirement.

We have a Salesforce Enterprise and a website made with wordpress. In our website we have a my account page that pull records from Salesforce. What is the best approach in pulling the records from Salesforce?

Thanks in Advance

Does anyone have a sample trigger that counts attachments that they could share? 

Thanks!!!

Fred

• August 18, 2010

Well this is easy in standard salesforce, mostly because it happens automatically.

What I want to do is make a summary popup window when a user hovers over a link in a visualforce page. Something like this (taken from standard salesforce):

There doesn't seem to be any standard or easy way to do this in visualforce. Is there? I'd like to avoid rewriting standard salesforce functionality if at all possible.

Anybody know how to do something like that? Also, what's the proper salesforce terminology for these popup windows?

Thanks! 

In my class i have a constructor here i am calling  a method in the constructor so as to  redirect to another Vf page.

Here is the code:

class:

public class MyClass

{

public MyClass(ApexPages.StandardController controller)

{    

ShowDetails(); 

}

public PageReference ShowDetails()

{

return page.MyPage; 

} 

is there any thing wrong in the code.Help me out guyz

Thanks shaan 

• August 07, 2009
Hello everyone, just wanted to share with the community this custom component I made and give something back for the help I've received. :smileyhappy:

The purpose of the component is to enable autocomplete in lookup fields. I used the autocomplete js created by Jim Roos:
(http://www.jimroos.com/2007/05/ajax-autocomplete.html) but made some modifications to it so that it could interact with an Apex controller among some other things...

So my idea was that if you were making a VF page that had an inputfield that was related to a lookupfield you would just insert this autocomplete component to that inputfield. Something like this:

Code:
           <apex:inputField value="{!Contact.accountid}" id="accname" styleClass="cField">
<c:autocomplete ObjectName="Accounts" InputId="{!$Component.accname}" AutoCompleteId="accACid" ClassName="autocomplete300"/>
</apex:inputField>

The component has 4 parameters:

The name of the object or custom object that the inputfield relates to (new objects must be added inside the apex classes since i had some problems constructing a dynamic query).
The InputId which is used to relate the component to the input field
The id for the Component
A classname parameter that basically just defines the width of the suggestions menu.

Here's a screenshot of how it looks like in action:

Here's a link to the file containing the required files:

AutoCompleteComponent

Jonathan.

Message Edited by jonathan rico on 08-16-2008 01:55 PM

Message Edited by jonathan rico on 08-17-2008 09:04 AM
Message Edited by jonathan rico on 01-02-2010 05:01 PM