• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Just learning how to Develop with SalesForce and dont have much experience in WebProgramming.

Trying to create a lookup list for a field and examples I have seen here all refer to a function called openpopup which seems to be predefined.

One example was given in http://blogs.developerforce.com/developer-relations/2009/10/lookup-filters-beta-release-in-winter-10.html as:

<ahref="javascript&colon; openPopup(%27/apex/MyCustomSearchPage?id={!My_Object__c.Id}%27, %27CCBCCLookup%27, 420, 490, %27width=420,height=490,toolbar=no,status=no,directories=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollable=no%27, true);"

Searched internet/SFDC but unable to find any explanation; neither about a function with this signature in any of the JS ref/guide documents nor description of what CCBCCLookup is

Can someone explain what they are or where they are defined?

Thank You

• December 23, 2011

My trigger requires a bit complex processing so I wanted to break down logic by creating methods in a Utility class

One of the methods create a detail record, so I declared ıt as type boolean to return status:

public with sharing class Utility_MaintainTransferRequests {

public static boolean CreateNewDealer (Case inTRRequest) {

......  control logic

......  create record

try {
            insert nwDealer;
        }

catch(Exception e){
            inTRRequest.adderror('Y...........!!!!');      
            return false;                           
        }

But get an error as :

Save error: Non-void method might not return a value or might have statement after a return statement.    Utility_MaintainTransferRequests.cls

Does it mean I cant use DML in non-void methods or is there sthg wrong with code?

Thanks

• November 29, 2011

Found an Idea dated a few years back (http://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=087300000006n6mAAA) suggesting the use of SQOL in formulas. Has it been implemented?

if not is there an improved alternative to what was suggested for a similar query in 2007 :

Not sure if this would work, but you can use SOQL in an Apex trigger, which could be fired in response to a field update, which could be set by a workflow.  You'd end up with the value in the field, after the record had been saved.

Hope this helps.

- Rick Greenwald

Thanks

• November 25, 2011

My trigger requires a bit complex processing so I wanted to break down logic by creating methods in a Utility class

One of the methods create a detail record, so I declared ıt as type boolean to return status:

public with sharing class Utility_MaintainTransferRequests {

public static boolean CreateNewDealer (Case inTRRequest) {

......  control logic

......  create record

try {
            insert nwDealer;
        }

catch(Exception e){
            inTRRequest.adderror('Y...........!!!!');      
            return false;                           
        }

But get an error as :

Save error: Non-void method might not return a value or might have statement after a return statement.    Utility_MaintainTransferRequests.cls

Does it mean I cant use DML in non-void methods or is there sthg wrong with code?

Thanks

• November 29, 2011

While working on an application with OAuth recently, I was having the hardest time determining why I couldn't add my Remote Access Application to my package.

The problem is that you can add a Remote Access Application to Managed packages only.

You also don't add it through the normal "Create->Packages->PackageName->Add Components" like you would do with other items. Remote access applications must be added to the package when it is first created, and this option only appears when the package is marked as managed. You cannot add an existing Remote Access Application to a package. 

From the tooltip on the Add Remote Access page:

"A remote access application is only removed from a package when you delete it from your organization. Also, if you create a remote access application and choose not to include it in a package, you can never add it later."

Hopefully this will save someone a little trouble.

• September 29, 2010