• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I would like to populate a child object with a value from a Picklist. I know it isn't available with a cross object formula, however, is there a way to do it with apex code.

Thanks.

I would like to populate in a child object with a value from a Picklist. I know it isn't available with a cross object formula, however, is there a way to do it with apex code.

Thanks.

We would like to reflect the hours of events associated to an opportunity. I  I tried 2 approaches so far;

•       a custom object that is a child of the opportunity. This works fine for summarization to the opportunity, but I also
               need to populate a resource calendar. with the various activities. The Calendar would use the custom objects start 
               and end times, by user to populate.  
  •       I also tried to use Events, with custom fields. This works okay for calendaring, but has no association with the
               Opportunity Object. I need to summarize total time spent on the opportunity. 
               I am also having problems calculating the time spent on each event using the "duration" field, since it is expressed
               in minutes. I resolved the minutes but dividing by 8, but I need a 24 hour period to Max at day 8.5 hours.
  •       You can associate an opportunity to an event, but there are not cross object formula options to put the
               Total Hours from the various event onto the Opportunity object ( basically summing all events for the event on
                the Opportunity Object. 

•    Finally, can you create a custom calendar that would be populated by fields from the custom event object. I am using 2 fields, start and end date. I would want the option of the events to be color coded by type with maybe a reference to the attendees and possibly the opportunity name.

Thanks for looking at this post.

I would like to populate a child object with a value from a Picklist. I know it isn't available with a cross object formula, however, is there a way to do it with apex code.

Thanks.

I would like to populate in a child object with a value from a Picklist. I know it isn't available with a cross object formula, however, is there a way to do it with apex code.

Thanks.