• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everyone,

when I try to install Eclipse Juno 4.2 with the force.com IDE I get the following error message:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Otto

• July 02, 2012

I have a package which creates a scheduled job using a post-install script, and saves the id in a custom settings entry. I am trying to create the equivalent uninstall script, but not having much success. The class and associated tests all perform normally when I run them in the IDE. When I run them from the Web UI however, the abortJob call doesn't delete the job and my tests fail. If I comment out the tests and do an actual install and uninstall of the package, the scheduled job is not deleted.

Any idea why this would happen? I know that the documentation indicates that uninstall scripts cannot schedule new jobs, call @future methods, etc, but it doesn't mention anything about deleting existing jobs. The same code, when part of a controller for a settings page, worked fine. Maybe I am misintepreting when the uninstall script actually runs, meaning the only option is for an admin to delete the scheduled job manually, before trying to uninstall the package?

Code snippet:

if(settings != null) {

try {

system.debug('Removing scheduled job with id: ' + settings.scheduled_job_id__c);

System.abortJob(settings.scheduled_job_id__c);

} catch (Exception e) {

system.debug('Error removing scheduled job: ' + e.getMessage());

}

delete settings;

}

I'm trying to create a list of article types with checkboxes to use as a filter on a custom knowledge base search page. For some reason I am unable to get the article types to appear as selectOptions inside of a selectCheckboxes tag. If I just output the article types as text, they work fine. Does anyone know if this is a VF limitation? My code:

<apex:selectCheckboxes value="{!articleTypeList}">
<apex:selectOption itemValue="all" itemLabel="All"/>
<knowledge:articleTypeList articleTypeVar="articleType">
<apex:selectOption itemValue="{!articleType.name}" itemLabel="{!articleType.label}"/>
</knowledge:articleTypeList>
</apex:selectCheckboxes>

I want to have a trigger which performs some actions based on the status of the isUnreadByOwner flag on Lead. The trigger will work fine if the lead is opened, and then edited in some way, causing the trigger to fire. But if the lead is only viewed, the trigger does not fire, despite the fact that isUnreadByOwner has changed from true to false.

Can anyone confirm that updating isUnreadByOwner is a "black box" update that doesn't cause triggers to fire?

Is there a way to include files in a sfdx force:source:push, but exclude them in sfdx force:package:version:create?

Hi Everyone,

when I try to install Eclipse Juno 4.2 with the force.com IDE I get the following error message:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Otto

• July 02, 2012

I recently upgraded my Force.com IDE (and all projects) to the Winter '12 release. Since upgrading, I've been observing that when I attempt to run unit tests against an Apex class, it often takes a very long time to execute. Even relatively simple tests sometimes take a minute or two to complete. The time doesn't seem to be spent during test execution, but rather during the "preparing results..." phase (based on the progress indicator in the IDE). Reducing the log level doesn't seem to have any impact one way or the other. I've also seen it simply get stuck in the "preparing results..." phase to the point where I had to kill the Eclipse process. Anyone else seeing this?

• January 04, 2012

I want to have a trigger which performs some actions based on the status of the isUnreadByOwner flag on Lead. The trigger will work fine if the lead is opened, and then edited in some way, causing the trigger to fire. But if the lead is only viewed, the trigger does not fire, despite the fact that isUnreadByOwner has changed from true to false.

Can anyone confirm that updating isUnreadByOwner is a "black box" update that doesn't cause triggers to fire?

hello,

i want to show min 10 results in searching results bt my code only show me 5 i also need apgination in this. so can any body pls help me 4 dis..??

my code is...

public Integer resultSize {get {return (results==null || results.size()==0)?0:results.size();} set;}     

public String searchText {get {         

return ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('searchText') != null ?ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('searchText') : '';

}

set;}       

public SearchController() {       

numResults = 10;       

String pg = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('pg');       

pageNum = pg == null ? 1 : Integer.valueOf(pg);       

searchType = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('searchType');       

getVideos();    }       

public PageReference newPage() {       

pageNum += 1;        return null;    }       

public PageReference doSearch() {            pageNum = 1;        PageReference p = Page.MarketoSearchResults;        p.getParameters().put('searchText', searchText);        p.getParameters().put('searchType', searchType);        return p;    }        public void refresh(Boolean requery) {                   results = new List<SearchResult>();                if (setCon != null) {                        if (searchType == 'Ideas') {                for (Idea i : (List<Idea>) setCon.getRecords()) {                    results.add(new SearchResult(i.id,i.body,i.title,i.categories,                                i.lastmodifieddate!=null?i.lastmodifieddate:i.createddate));                }            }                        else if (searchType == 'Discussion') {                for (Question q2 : (List<Question>) setCon.getRecords()) {                    results.add(new SearchResult(q2.id,q2.body,q2.title,null,                        q2.lastmodifieddate!=null?q2.lastmodifieddate:q2.createddate));                }            }        }    }        public PageReference searchResults() {                if (searchType == null) {            String sType = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('searchType');            searchType = sType != null ? sType : 'Discussion';        }        searchText = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('searchText');        debugVar = 'Search type '+ ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('searchType');        if (searchText == null) {                        if (!context.inSearch) {                searchText = 'Search '  + MarketoUserContext.getContext().currentSection + '...';            }            else {                searchText = 'Refine Your Search...';            }        }            results = new List<SearchResult>();           if (searchType == 'Ideas') {            Id[] similarIds = Ideas.findSimilar(new Idea(title=searchText, Body=searchText));            if (similarIds != null && similarIds.size() > 0) {                                setCon = new ApexPages.StandardSetController([select id, title, body, categories, createddate, lastmodifieddate from                                     idea where id in :similarIds /*order by lastModifieddate desc*/]);                System.debug('setCon-->'+ setCon);                                    setCon.setPageSize(numResults);            }        }        else if (searchType == 'Discussion') {                        Question q = new Question();            Id[] similarIds = Answers.findSimilar(new Question(title=searchText, Body=searchText));            if (similarIds != null && similarIds.size() > 0) {                                setCon = new ApexPages.StandardSetController([select id, title, body, createddate, lastmodifieddate from                                     question where id in :similarIds /*order by lastModifieddate desc*/]);                                                    setCon.setPageSize(numResults);             }        }                        refresh(true);                return null;    }        public String currentSection { get { return MarketoUserContext.getContext().currentSection; } }