• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does anybody know if we can take an input form from Siteforce and update a custom object to collect the data?  I know the standard SFDC answer would be to utilize Web to Lead functionality, but my client currently doesn't use leads (they will in the furture though).  I'm looking for a work around to capture this information from site visitors until they utilize that functionality.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• March 06, 2012

I was wondering what tools you guys have used to migrate assets from your current site to Siteforce.  Is Data Loader the recommended tool?  I found another tool on Developerforce.com that made mention to a tool called HTTrack that could be used.  Has anybody used this tool?  Did it work well for you?  What are some other tools available?

Thanks!

• February 08, 2012

I have a client that is considering making the switch from their hosted websites to Siteforce.  I haven't personally used Siteforce yet, but was wondering if anybody knew if it supports the use of Flash training modules?  I'm assuming it shouldn't be a problem, but would like to make sure.  They currently use the same flash components as Salesforce uses for their online training.  Is there any documentation online that I haven't found that would cover this (User Guide/Technical Specifications..etc)?  I know salesforce has built their entire Certification site using Siteforce, but it seems a little lacking compared to their other sites.

Thanks for the help.

• December 09, 2011

It has been 8 days since we adjusted the CNAME record and our domain is still not resolving. We keep getting the error "Salesforce.com can't validate the domain. The CNAME record may still be processing (which can take up to 24 hours), or the domain may not belong to you. Ensure the domain name www.example.com uses www.example.comlive.siteforce.com as its CNAME target and try again later."

Our IT department has the CNAME set up properly in the DNS.

Any suggestions? I have a case opened already but it's taking too long.

Does anybody know if we can take an input form from Siteforce and update a custom object to collect the data?  I know the standard SFDC answer would be to utilize Web to Lead functionality, but my client currently doesn't use leads (they will in the furture though).  I'm looking for a work around to capture this information from site visitors until they utilize that functionality.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• March 06, 2012

I want to know if is there any way to eshtablish workflow/approval process for content changes in Siteforce. The usecase is like, if a contributor adds or edits contents on the site then the contents should be published on the site only after approval of admin/publisher. I know publisher can set permissions for editing contents for contributor but is there any provision for having a workflow process for those contents.

Any pointers/help will be greatly appreciated.

• March 05, 2012
Hello. I'm new to SiteForce and *force services as general, so my question might have its answer somewhere, but I still can't find it. So, I've created a site, using SiteForce. The problem I'm having now is that on every page on this site I need to display some data, which comes from SalesForce and I don't know how to do that. The data is handled as follows: I look for all fields with certain name (these fields contain some numbers in them), get their values, make an aggregate on their values and show it in my site. For example: I've got this custom field "price", for different products, presented as custom objects, so one has a value of 10, another is 20 and another is 30. I need to pull this data, make a calculation as follows: (10+20+30) / 3 == 20 and I need to display this "20" on my SiteForce website. So is this possible and how? I might need to use APEX to pull the data, but don't know how to show the result on the page... If you can just give me some more information on what should I use to get this done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I was wondering what tools you guys have used to migrate assets from your current site to Siteforce.  Is Data Loader the recommended tool?  I found another tool on Developerforce.com that made mention to a tool called HTTrack that could be used.  Has anybody used this tool?  Did it work well for you?  What are some other tools available?

Thanks!

• February 08, 2012