• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Seems like a simple question, but I can't see where this is set.

I created a custom object, Account Thing, which is related to Accounts with a Master-Detail relationship.

It has a text area field, Body.

It has a Search Results Layout, and if i search for something contained in Body, a result returns.

I created another analogous custom object, Contact Thing.  It also has a text area field, Body.

It does not have a Search Results Layout.  If i search for something contained in Body, nothing returns.

I'm thinking there must be a flag or search setting that i set for Account Thing, but I can't find it now.

Any help is appriciated!

I'm new to salesforce, and working on importing data from a legacy app into salesforce so our team will have it - at the moment this is mostly Note objects related to Accounts. 

My difficulty is deciding on how to handle WHO wrote the initial note, when that user is no longer with our organization,

and thus won't have a Salesforce account.   

As it stands, you can't extend the notes object, so I can't add another field to store that data.  I could import them

all under one of our Sales Managers names, but that would be less than ideal.  I could also create a new "Legacy"

user and import them all under that.   Slightly better, but also less than ideal because it 'wastes' a user license.

Any suggestions would be appriciated!

Seems like a simple question, but I can't see where this is set.

I created a custom object, Account Thing, which is related to Accounts with a Master-Detail relationship.

It has a text area field, Body.

It has a Search Results Layout, and if i search for something contained in Body, a result returns.

I created another analogous custom object, Contact Thing.  It also has a text area field, Body.

It does not have a Search Results Layout.  If i search for something contained in Body, nothing returns.

I'm thinking there must be a flag or search setting that i set for Account Thing, but I can't find it now.

Any help is appriciated!

I'm new to salesforce, and working on importing data from a legacy app into salesforce so our team will have it - at the moment this is mostly Note objects related to Accounts. 

My difficulty is deciding on how to handle WHO wrote the initial note, when that user is no longer with our organization,

and thus won't have a Salesforce account.   

As it stands, you can't extend the notes object, so I can't add another field to store that data.  I could import them

all under one of our Sales Managers names, but that would be less than ideal.  I could also create a new "Legacy"

user and import them all under that.   Slightly better, but also less than ideal because it 'wastes' a user license.

Any suggestions would be appriciated!