• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We've developed a CTI Adapter for Salesforce using the CTI Toolkit 4.0.  It appears to work on all platforms either with or without HTTPS, except that I can't get it to work with HTTPS on Windows XP.

Here are some of the situations that I've tried:

• Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9 - works fine with either HTTP or HTTPS.
  • Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8 - works fine with HTTP but not with HTTPS.
  • Windows XP, Firefox 10.0.2 - works fine with HTTP but not with HTTPS.
  • Windows XP, Google Chrome 17.0.963.56 - works fine with HTTP but not with HTTPS.
  • Windows XP, Safari 5.1.2 - works fine with HTTP but not with HTTPS.

I've been following the instructions given in Chapter 6 (Configuring HTTPS for a CTI Adapter) of the CTI Toolkit Developer's Guide Winter '12, but to no avail.  On Windows XP with HTTPS, I am just presented with a button "Connect CTI Adapter" that appears to have no effect when clicked.  The log files are no help - they just have "BrowserHttpListener.Start: BrowserHttpListener has started listening".

Is anybody else able to confirm that they have a CTI Adapter with CTI Toolkit 4.0 working for HTTPS on Windows XP?  If so, then I must be doing something wrong.  If not, then perhaps it's a Salesforce problem that they need to look into.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

I'm having difficulty with CTI Toolkit 4.0 with regard to Autologin:  I turn off autologin (to the phone system) as described at https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/cti_login.htm, and then I close my browser.  When I restart the browser and log in to Salesforce again, I get unexpectedly automatically logged in to the phone system.  It didn't do this with Toolkit 3.0.

Does anybody else have this problem, or is able to offer help towards a solution, please?

Thanks,

James.

We have developed a Salesforce CTI Adapter using CTI Toolkit 3.0, based on the DemoAdapter.  Now we want to update it to use CTI Toolkit 4.0.

CTI Toolkit 3.0 stored the log file settings in the Windows registry, and this worked fine.  Now CTI Toolkit 4.0 uses the Microsoft Application Settings Architecture (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8eyb2ct1%28v=VS.90%29.aspx), and also copies any changes to the Windows registry.  This works by means of the BrowserConnector maintaining the settings, and whenever the settings change, it sends a message to the CTIAdapterLib, which updates the Windows registry.  When it starts up, CTIAdapterLib initially uses the settings from the Windows registry.  This is OK in many cases, but gives a confusing problem on systems that have been upgraded from CTI Toolkit 3.0 and where non-default settings are in use, for example in the following scenario:

1. An existing system uses CTI Toolkit 3.0 and has non-default settings A for logging in the Windows registry.
  2. The system is upgraded to use CTI Toolkit 4.0.  Settings A remain in the registry, and default settings B are created in the Application Settings.
  3. Initially CTIAdapterLib starts logging using settings A from the registry, but BrowserConnector is using settings B from the Application Settings.
  4. Then somebody right-clicks the taskbar icon to change the logging settings.  The user is confused, being presented with settings B from the Application Settings.
  5. The user changes the logging settings to new values C, and these are written to both the Application Settings and to thw Windows registry.  Normality is now restored, with all copies of the settings having the same values C.

Please can you suggest what changes to make in order to fix this problem?  I was thinking along the lines of changing CCTILogger::LoadLogInfoFromRegistry() so that it updates the Application Settings somehow.  This could perhaps be done directly, or better by sending a message to BrowserConnector.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

I'm curious on how people using the CTI 4.0 adapter are deploying it when they convert the url from HTTP to HTTPS.  From what i've seen, in order to get it to work with SSL you have to use Httpcfg.exe to bind a cert to the port.  Seems that would be a deployment issue if you had to do that on all machines.  What challanges/workarounds have other people encountered?

Thanks

We've developed a CTI Adapter for Salesforce using the CTI Toolkit 4.0.  It appears to work on all platforms either with or without HTTPS, except that I can't get it to work with HTTPS on Windows XP.

Here are some of the situations that I've tried:

• Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9 - works fine with either HTTP or HTTPS.
  • Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8 - works fine with HTTP but not with HTTPS.
  • Windows XP, Firefox 10.0.2 - works fine with HTTP but not with HTTPS.
  • Windows XP, Google Chrome 17.0.963.56 - works fine with HTTP but not with HTTPS.
  • Windows XP, Safari 5.1.2 - works fine with HTTP but not with HTTPS.

I've been following the instructions given in Chapter 6 (Configuring HTTPS for a CTI Adapter) of the CTI Toolkit Developer's Guide Winter '12, but to no avail.  On Windows XP with HTTPS, I am just presented with a button "Connect CTI Adapter" that appears to have no effect when clicked.  The log files are no help - they just have "BrowserHttpListener.Start: BrowserHttpListener has started listening".

Is anybody else able to confirm that they have a CTI Adapter with CTI Toolkit 4.0 working for HTTPS on Windows XP?  If so, then I must be doing something wrong.  If not, then perhaps it's a Salesforce problem that they need to look into.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

I'm having difficulty with CTI Toolkit 4.0 with regard to Autologin:  I turn off autologin (to the phone system) as described at https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/cti_login.htm, and then I close my browser.  When I restart the browser and log in to Salesforce again, I get unexpectedly automatically logged in to the phone system.  It didn't do this with Toolkit 3.0.

Does anybody else have this problem, or is able to offer help towards a solution, please?

Thanks,

James.

We have developed a Salesforce CTI Adapter using CTI Toolkit 3.0, based on the DemoAdapter.  Now we want to update it to use CTI Toolkit 4.0.

CTI Toolkit 3.0 stored the log file settings in the Windows registry, and this worked fine.  Now CTI Toolkit 4.0 uses the Microsoft Application Settings Architecture (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8eyb2ct1%28v=VS.90%29.aspx), and also copies any changes to the Windows registry.  This works by means of the BrowserConnector maintaining the settings, and whenever the settings change, it sends a message to the CTIAdapterLib, which updates the Windows registry.  When it starts up, CTIAdapterLib initially uses the settings from the Windows registry.  This is OK in many cases, but gives a confusing problem on systems that have been upgraded from CTI Toolkit 3.0 and where non-default settings are in use, for example in the following scenario:

1. An existing system uses CTI Toolkit 3.0 and has non-default settings A for logging in the Windows registry.
  2. The system is upgraded to use CTI Toolkit 4.0.  Settings A remain in the registry, and default settings B are created in the Application Settings.
  3. Initially CTIAdapterLib starts logging using settings A from the registry, but BrowserConnector is using settings B from the Application Settings.
  4. Then somebody right-clicks the taskbar icon to change the logging settings.  The user is confused, being presented with settings B from the Application Settings.
  5. The user changes the logging settings to new values C, and these are written to both the Application Settings and to thw Windows registry.  Normality is now restored, with all copies of the settings having the same values C.

Please can you suggest what changes to make in order to fix this problem?  I was thinking along the lines of changing CCTILogger::LoadLogInfoFromRegistry() so that it updates the Application Settings somehow.  This could perhaps be done directly, or better by sending a message to BrowserConnector.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James.