• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a variable (record ID) that is populated by the URL on starting a flow, followed by a lookup step to pull in 3 other fields from that record based on the ID and store the values for those fields in 3 variables.  That is working fine.

Later in the flow, there is a dynamic choice where a user can select a different record to work on, and the dynamic choice then populates those same 3 variables.

When the user goes to the next screen, which displays the values for the variables, they are shown the values for the original record (which was passed in the URL), not for the one selected in the dynamic choice.

Is it something to do w/ a variable being input only or output only?  I have tried input only and input / output.  

Any ideas?  Seems like a dynamic choice should be able to update these variables.

Thanks

• May 16, 2013

I created a flow using Visual Flow along with a custom button to launch the flow.  Part of the flow is creating a new record which I am returning the "Record ID" as a variable in the flow.  I would like to include the record ID in the retURL path so the employee is sent to the details page of the new record once the flow is completed.

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

• May 23, 2013

I have a variable (record ID) that is populated by the URL on starting a flow, followed by a lookup step to pull in 3 other fields from that record based on the ID and store the values for those fields in 3 variables.  That is working fine.

Later in the flow, there is a dynamic choice where a user can select a different record to work on, and the dynamic choice then populates those same 3 variables.

When the user goes to the next screen, which displays the values for the variables, they are shown the values for the original record (which was passed in the URL), not for the one selected in the dynamic choice.

Is it something to do w/ a variable being input only or output only?  I have tried input only and input / output.  

Any ideas?  Seems like a dynamic choice should be able to update these variables.

Thanks

• May 16, 2013

I'm sure I watched a video on Youtube a while ago where they said that you could embed your flow in a public website. For example a contact form (not the standard web to lead function). I can't find the video I saw, I think it was called "Show me your flows" or something.

I also can't find any info on this topic when searching on the web.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi

I want to implement a visual workflow to create contact. All work great but if the user enter a existing email adresse the flow give error. It's normal because we can't have duplicate contact email. So I use lookup to find if the email already exist if yes do error. It is fine if the user can lookup on all contact but most of our user don't have acces to all contact so the lookup work only for is contact.

So can I allow lookup on all contact even if the user don't own it? Or kind of validation on my email fields in the flow...

thank

1. URL above feed preview window is broken.  Missing "/" between site URL and feed name.

2. Documentation says "fid" mapping will default to the Sites URL if not supplied.  It actually defaults to a login protected URL.

3. Each entry has an ID element with a bogus Salesforce URL like https://www.salesforce.com/<some record id>

4. You can't use bind variables to pass in a Data Category name.  It complains about not being able to use bind vars when not using a string.