• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
Is there a way to capture a mail merge document ID when it is being sent out? Please include code sample if there's one.

Thanks,
Paul

• July 01, 2014
 Hello,
When a mail merge document is generated the document can be sent to either email or document tab. Is there a way to automatically send the generated mail merge document to the Notes & Attachment related list in Opportunity? Please advise.

Thanks,
Paul

• June 18, 2014
Hello,
I'm trying to clean up duplicate accounts. Is there any way to create a report to identity duplicate accounts? Please advise.

Thanks
Paul
  • February 24, 2014

Hello,

Is there an easy way to copy all the configurations (all objects + settings) from 1 Org to another? I know it's easy to copy from production to sandbox but now I want to copy the production Org to my personal developer Org. How do you go about doing this? Please advise.

Thanks

Paul

• November 06, 2013

Hello,

Given an object ID is there a way to get its fields info without using SOQL? See example below:

I have an aid = accountID given below

instead of writing

select id, parentId, name, Type from Account where Id =: aid

can I write something like below

string sname;

string stype;

sname = aid.name;

stype = aid.type;

basically it is similar to below statements and it works when I write a trigger like this one below.

Case CaseUpdated:trigger.new

GroupNo = CaseUpdated.Group__c;

Please advise

Paul

• October 17, 2013

Hello,

I wrote a simple class to return a value but got the error message "Invalid constructor name". I'm not sure what caused the error. Below is my simple class. Please help. Thanks

public getCaseClient(Case aCase)

{

Account accName = [select id, parentId, name, Type fromAccountwhereId =: aCase.AccountId];

return accName.Type;

}

}

Paul

• October 11, 2013

Hello,

I received the following message from my Salesforce instance. What exactly does that mean?  Does it imptact anything? Please advise.

Your organization has reached its hourly limit for processing workflow time triggers. Processing will resume in the next hour. For information on application limits, see the salesforce.com online help.

Thanks,

Paul

• October 04, 2013

Hello,

I wrote a trigger and a test class. My own test class passed. However there's an error thrown out from the other test class which has nothing to do with my trigger. Why it happened like that? Below is the error message. Please advise.

System.LimitException: Too many SOQL queries: 101

Thanks

Paul

• September 19, 2013

Hello,

Is there a way to find out if the below SQOL statement return a result? Another word if aName returns nothing, is there a statement to tell me the return results? Please advise.

Account aName = [SELECT id, name, Type FROM Account WHERE Group_Number__c =: GroupNo and Type =: 'Client' and RecordTypeId =: '01230000000XhdNAAS' limit 1];

Thanks

Paul

• September 19, 2013

Hello,

I wrote a simple query below in my Apex trigger but got the error that says "variable does not exist Type". Type is a standard field in the Account object. I do not understand why it throws me this error. Please help. Thanks

Account aName = [SELECT id, name, Type FROMAccountWHERE Carrier_ID__c =: CarrierId && Type == 'Client' && RecordTypeId == '01230000000XhdNAAS'limit 1];

Paul

• September 11, 2013

Hello,

I'm having problem deploying my new trigger from sandbox to production. When I attempt to deploy the trigger, I get an error message that says "Average all Apex class and trigger test coverage is 69%, at least 75% test coverage is required". How can I bypass this error for deploying the new trigger. Please advise.

Thanks

Paul

• August 23, 2013

Hello,

I wrote a before update, before insert trigger to update account records whenever an account is edited or created. When I manually update or create an account, the record is updated as expected. However when I use dataloader to do mass update of the account records, it does not work as expected. There are some records are updated and some other records are not updated. It looks like there are too many records to update at the same time when I do a mass update. What is the best approach to resolve this issue? Please advise.

Thanks

Paul

• August 21, 2013

Hello,

what's the string function to get the lenght of a string? I want to know the lenght of the string below. Please advise

example:  78YUJC865W

thanks

Paul

• August 21, 2013

Hello,

I want to get the far right single character of the string of characters below. It is a character Y in this case. What string/sub string function is best for this? Please advise. Any help is appreciated.

Examle:  1234ALOCN78UY

Thanks

Paul

• August 20, 2013

Hello,

How can I write a SOQL statement with a clause "does not contain" ? I've tried this Carrier_ID__c not like '%TEST%' but it does not work. I want to use this SOQL for the dataloader to export the data. Please advise.

Thanks

Paul

• July 11, 2013

Hello,

Is there an easier way to structure where state = CA, OR, WA, ID, NV, AZ then Region = West ?

if state = ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX then Region = Central

I know in MS SQL by using the IN statement. For example:  In (ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX). However is there an equivalent coding structure in Apex code? Please advise.

Thanks

Paul

• June 12, 2013

Hello,

Is there a way to create a custom link of an email address at the top of the SFDC home page? Please advise.

Thanks

Paul

• April 18, 2013

Hello,

Currently I have 2 existing record types and 2 page layouts for the Account object in my Org. Due to the new business requirements, I just created a new record type and associated page layout for the Account object. When I click the New button on the Account and select the new record type to create a new account record, the new page layout does not show the detail page but it is a blank page. I attached the screenshot for reference. Any idea why it shows a blank page? Please advice, thanks.

Paul

• July 11, 2012

Hello,

All of a sudden one of my test class failed and displayed the following error message. It was working fine before. It does not show what lines in the class caused the error. Any ideas? . Please advice. Thanks

System.FinalException: Cannot modify a collection while it is being iterated.

Paul

• June 11, 2012

Hello,

I got the following error message when trying to save a test class into production. 

Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: No match found

This test class UpdateOppWithQuoteDetailsTest works in QA sandbox but not in production. I'm not sure what caused this error. Below is a portion of the test class. Please help. Thanks

Paul

private class UpdateOppWithQuoteDetailsTest

{

/*

Parameter(s): NA

Return Type : NA

Reason : Upon changing the Status of the Quote to “Complete”.

Change the stage of the Opportunity to “CM RFP Shipped” or "RFP Shipped"

and populate RFP/Rates Sent field information from the Quote

on theOpportunity record for 'Renewal' record type.

*/

statictestMethodvoidopptoquoteTest()

{

Profile p = [select id from profile where name='Client Management'];

User u = newUser(alias = 'sg', email='sharanya.g89@cognizant.com',

CommunityNickname =

'sharanya.g88',LastName='sg',

LocaleSidKey=

'en_US', LanguageLocaleKey='en_US', timezonesidkey='America/Los_Angeles',

emailencodingkey=

'UTF-8',profileid = p.Id, username='sharanya99@gmail.com');

List<

RecordType> accrtypes = [SelectName, Id FromRecordTypewhere sObjectType='Account'and isActive=true];

System.runAs(u)

{

Map<String,String> accountRecordTypes =

newMap<String,String>{};

• June 06, 2012
Hello,
Is there a way to capture a mail merge document ID when it is being sent out? Please include code sample if there's one.

Thanks,
Paul

• July 01, 2014
Hello,

Thanks,
Paul

• July 01, 2014

Hello,

Given an object ID is there a way to get its fields info without using SOQL? See example below:

I have an aid = accountID given below

instead of writing

select id, parentId, name, Type from Account where Id =: aid

can I write something like below

string sname;

string stype;

sname = aid.name;

stype = aid.type;

basically it is similar to below statements and it works when I write a trigger like this one below.

Case CaseUpdated:trigger.new

GroupNo = CaseUpdated.Group__c;

Please advise

Paul

• October 17, 2013

Hello,

I wrote a simple class to return a value but got the error message "Invalid constructor name". I'm not sure what caused the error. Below is my simple class. Please help. Thanks

public getCaseClient(Case aCase)

{

Account accName = [select id, parentId, name, Type fromAccountwhereId =: aCase.AccountId];

return accName.Type;

}

}

Paul

• October 11, 2013

Hello,

I received the following message from my Salesforce instance. What exactly does that mean?  Does it imptact anything? Please advise.

Your organization has reached its hourly limit for processing workflow time triggers. Processing will resume in the next hour. For information on application limits, see the salesforce.com online help.

Thanks,

Paul

• October 04, 2013

Hello,

I wrote a trigger and a test class. My own test class passed. However there's an error thrown out from the other test class which has nothing to do with my trigger. Why it happened like that? Below is the error message. Please advise.

System.LimitException: Too many SOQL queries: 101

Thanks

Paul

• September 19, 2013

Hello,

Is there a way to find out if the below SQOL statement return a result? Another word if aName returns nothing, is there a statement to tell me the return results? Please advise.

Account aName = [SELECT id, name, Type FROM Account WHERE Group_Number__c =: GroupNo and Type =: 'Client' and RecordTypeId =: '01230000000XhdNAAS' limit 1];

Thanks

Paul

• September 19, 2013

Hello,

I wrote a simple query below in my Apex trigger but got the error that says "variable does not exist Type". Type is a standard field in the Account object. I do not understand why it throws me this error. Please help. Thanks

Account aName = [SELECT id, name, Type FROMAccountWHERE Carrier_ID__c =: CarrierId && Type == 'Client' && RecordTypeId == '01230000000XhdNAAS'limit 1];

Paul

• September 11, 2013

Hello,

I'm having problem deploying my new trigger from sandbox to production. When I attempt to deploy the trigger, I get an error message that says "Average all Apex class and trigger test coverage is 69%, at least 75% test coverage is required". How can I bypass this error for deploying the new trigger. Please advise.

Thanks

Paul

• August 23, 2013

Hello,

I wrote a before update, before insert trigger to update account records whenever an account is edited or created. When I manually update or create an account, the record is updated as expected. However when I use dataloader to do mass update of the account records, it does not work as expected. There are some records are updated and some other records are not updated. It looks like there are too many records to update at the same time when I do a mass update. What is the best approach to resolve this issue? Please advise.

Thanks

Paul

• August 21, 2013

Hello,

what's the string function to get the lenght of a string? I want to know the lenght of the string below. Please advise

example:  78YUJC865W

thanks

Paul

• August 21, 2013