• Principal Business System Analyst
  • PTC Inc

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am receiving this error on a custom object that is preventing the validation from passing.

Any ideas what could be done to fix this?

Type - Custom Object Definition

Problem - CancelEdit is not a standard action and cannot be overridden.

• September 09, 2013

I'm writing a simple ETL tool that processes a bunch of data from our platform DBs, and adds members to Salesforce campaigns given the results of that analysis. To do this, I'm using the beatbox module and Python (2.7.3). (I didn't post to the Python board because it appears that this error is not specific to beatbox/Python.)

The issue is that roughly 5% of the records return an error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:

• I CAN NOT tell what's different about the 5% that would cause the call to the API to fail.
  • I CAN add the leads to campaigns manually.
  • My account DOES HAVE sys admin privileges.
  • All leads that I'm attempting to update DO EXIST.

Has anyone experienced similar errors?

See also: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14348369/insufficient-access-on-cross-reference-entity-errors-from-salesforce

I am new to development, but learning fast.

I currently have a Prod environment, Dev environment, and creating a Full Test enviornment. I have some Permission Sets in Prod (we needed them immediately to release an App) that I would like to deploy to Dev and Test. I also have Profiles and some more Permission Sets in Dev that I would like to eventually deploy to Test and Prod.

I know change sets does not include the Metadata to deploy the Object Level Security/Field Level Security or the Assign Apps, so I was referred to the IDE to deploy these changes.

I went to the IDE and I saw Profiles as a Metadata Component to add, but I'm not seeing Permission Sets.

My first question is - is the IDE the right tool to deploy Profile and/or Permission Set changes to App Assignments, Object Settings, and System Permissions?

My next question is - Why do I only have Profiles as a choice of Metadata Components to deploy through the IDE?

Another question I will have is how do I push changes from one Organization to another, but I can look that up on my own or research it later.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Garrett

I'm having issues with the developer console messing up. Totally unusable at the moment.

Perspective seems to mess up, and the perspective menu does not appear so I can't change them. I can't view any debug logs without having to go through the setup menu.

Been like this since yesterday. I'm on NA7.

Hi ,

Any idea on how to develop similar visual force pages similar to appexchange pages. using the responsive user interface design.

Folks,

If you try using the isempty() function similar to the list and set methods  for strings then it will throw an error.

Instead use the below syntax

String st = 'Hello'; 
Boolean val= String.isEmpty(st);

Thanks,
Rakesh B

Hi,

We have multi-currency enabled in our organization.

I want to have a field which shows the corporate currency equivalent of the opportunity amount field.

So trying to see if we can use the Convertcurrency() function in Formula field or not. If yes please let me know how?

Thank,

Rakesh B

Folks,

If you try using the isempty() function similar to the list and set methods  for strings then it will throw an error.

Instead use the below syntax

String st = 'Hello'; 
Boolean val= String.isEmpty(st);

Thanks,
Rakesh B

I am using metadata to deploy changes to my various environments. Since I have multiple BAs working in the same sandbox, they sometimes make field changes that do not need to be promoted to the other environments. In our package.xml, we are specifying every field in the CustomField section as opposed to doing a select all in the CustomObject. This provides a lot more granular control when we are merging to the different brances in our source control.

What I am noticing is that when i refresh my .object file, it is only grabbing the fields that are specified in my package.xml which I would expect. However, I notice that layouts seems to grab everything, including fields not specified in the package.xml. As you can imagine this causes issues because it now throws errors saying the CustomField does not exist.

Is this a defect in the metadata api? Or is there a workaround? Ideally i would not like to include some of these fields that potentially are POCs and not needed in Prod.
Hello All,

We are working on Force.com sites which we built on Visualforce pages and Apex Classes. i would like to know the impact of lightning on Force.com sides.. 

I would like to know one more thing, can we add lightning components to force.com sites?

Thanks
Somesh
I've created a supplemental set of Matching and Duplicate Rules and I'm trying to package them so I can use them in other Salesforce instances. I found "Matching Rules" as a source, that worked just fine.
I can't see Duplicate Rules anywhere. Are they cleverly hidden in plain sight or under another name or just not there?
Thanks... Bob

with sharing with out sharing, Which is the default in Apex class?????????

please help me....

• September 13, 2013

I am obviously missing something obvious, but this query just doesn't work, and i can't work out why, can somebody assist?

SELECT Id,Name,Amount,R2_Job_Ref__c,R2_Shipping_Post_Code__c,Shipping_Postcode_2__c
FROM Opportunity
WHERE Shipping_Postcode_2__c != R2_Shipping_Post_Code__c AND R2_Shipping_Post_Code__c != null

Thanks!

Gareth

Hello,

I wrote a simple query below in my Apex trigger but got the error that says "variable does not exist Type". Type is a standard field in the Account object. I do not understand why it throws me this error. Please help. Thanks

Account aName = [SELECT id, name, Type FROMAccountWHERE Carrier_ID__c =: CarrierId && Type == 'Client' && RecordTypeId == '01230000000XhdNAAS'limit 1];

Paul

• September 11, 2013

Hi Experts! 

I was just curious about the infrastructure of salesforce. Want to understand how is so much data processed within so less time. 

Its on the cloud and the data is stored on remote servers. If I am sitting in Australia and accessing the system its as fast as It would be if I were sitting in North America, where the data centers are located.

Seems like a silly question but it would be great to understand the basic structure how it is built.

Thanks you any suggestions and answers in advance! 

Cheers!

• September 11, 2013

I am receiving this error on a custom object that is preventing the validation from passing.

Any ideas what could be done to fix this?

Type - Custom Object Definition

Problem - CancelEdit is not a standard action and cannot be overridden.

• September 09, 2013

Tried to deploy from SB to prod. However, faced following error. Much appreciate if you know the solution.

(Error message)

com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.metadata$javaAccessorF_fullname can not be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.runtime.reflect.accessor

This is a very annoying thing when running demos on new computers... Is there a setting to turn it off?

Thanks

HI All,

HI ,   I have One internal user "Analyst" , He has all pwrmission on case object. but when   he opening the case record  getting  Error  Like  

URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com.

You may have reached this page after clicking on a direct link into the application. This direct link might be:
• A bookmark to a particular page, such as a report or view
• A link to a particular page in the Custom Links section of your Home Tab, or a Custom Link
• A link to a particular page in your email templates

If you reached this page through a bookmark, you are probably trying to access something that has moved. Please update your bookmark.

If you reached this page through any of the other direct links listed above, please notify your administrator to update the link.

If you reached this page through a link on our site, please report the broken link directly to our Support Team and we will fix it promptly. Please indicate the page you were on when you clicked the link as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Can  any one  give the solutions  why it is coming

I'm writing a simple ETL tool that processes a bunch of data from our platform DBs, and adds members to Salesforce campaigns given the results of that analysis. To do this, I'm using the beatbox module and Python (2.7.3). (I didn't post to the Python board because it appears that this error is not specific to beatbox/Python.)

The issue is that roughly 5% of the records return an error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:

• I CAN NOT tell what's different about the 5% that would cause the call to the API to fail.
  • I CAN add the leads to campaigns manually.
  • My account DOES HAVE sys admin privileges.
  • All leads that I'm attempting to update DO EXIST.

Has anyone experienced similar errors?

See also: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14348369/insufficient-access-on-cross-reference-entity-errors-from-salesforce

We are planning on building a customer facing external web application that will use the REST/SOAP API of Salesforce for data read/write.For the communication between our application and the SFDC we are contemplating on using a single/common user account (integration user). One reason for this approach is because we have our own authentication where customers already have their account/credentials and it will be desirable to NOT have customers create and maintain a separate one for SFDC.

From what I've researched so far, following are some of the factors to be considered if a common user account approach is taken:

1. Limit on number of query that a user can execute concurrently
  2. Session Timeouts - Sharing the session id/auth token and managing the timeouts ( since we may have multiple concurrent request hitting the SFDC with the same credentials)
  3. Record ownership - Owner of the record will be the common user and not the customer. The ownership skew problem as described in this link

At this point, I'm looking for some advice from folks experienced in using the SFDC APIs, to please advice of any other issues/areas that I should be considering before going further in this direction.

Thanks

Shankar

• January 15, 2013

Hi All

My Sandbox has just gone to Spring '13, and Production is on Winter '13.

I remember in the past that there would be issues when Production and Sandbox were on different releases. Do you know if this is still an issue? 

I think I came across this when moving config/code between the two, I wonder is it now resolved?

Thanks

Phil

Hi,

I need to hide and visible a field in page layout based on another field picklist value. How can i do that?

Thanks,

Arjun.

According to the documentation you should be able to create a map of Id or String to SObject from a list of sObjects and Database.query() returns a list of sObjects.   However, the following code will not compile/execute:

Map<Id, sObject> accounts = new Map<Id, sObject>( Database.query( 'SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 5' ) );

Also, map.putAll() should work similarly but gives the same error message.   Example of broken code:

Map<Id, sObject> accounts = new Map<Id, sObject>();
accounts.putAll( Database.query( 'SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 5' ) );

It looks like the map constructor and putall are expecting a list of explicit object types, not generic sObjects.  According to the documentation, a generic sObject list should work.

See the definition of Map.putAll() here:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_methods_system_map.htm

It states:

If the map is of IDs or Strings to sObjects, adds the list of sObject records l to the map in the same way as the Map constructor with this input.

Actually, with further testing it doesn't appear that I can get putAll() to work at all on a map of Id to sObject whether the input is a list of explicit types (say List<Account> ) or a list of sObjects.

• February 11, 2010