• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

which might be the preferred approach (data replication / out bound messaging) when we need to copy some fields of Account data to our external service running .Net 4 web service? Problem we have with outbound messaging is that the Salesforce user must be able to trust that a) the data he/she just modified and saved in SF actually was saved to the external service or b) if something went wrong, that must be somehow indicated to the user (and currently is not).

So, is there a way to inform the SF user if something went wrong with the outbound message (for example an exception occurred in the web service)? Checking "Monitoring" -> "Outbound messages" queue is not sufficient.

If not, then I believe we must use data replication, data consistency in SF and in our external system is a critical issue. Or is there another known pattern for resolving this kind of issue?

• January 27, 2012

Hi all,

after completing processing an outbound message in my web service, I would need to implement a (custom) SOAP response (for example in an error situation), return it to Salesforce and then handle it so that the Salesforce user is notified if something went wrong. At the moment, if an exception is thrown in web service, the outbound message stays in the SF queue, but the user is not informed in any way about the failure?

So, could someone give some advice/links to instructions how to

1) construct the custom SOAP response (with ack/nack included)

2) process the response on SF side

Any advice/tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated, searching the web and force.com did not give much useful information.

• January 16, 2012