• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm having some issues with a standard button on the Related Activities List on our Opportunities page.

The "New Event" standard button is overridden to point to a custom VisualForce page.  However when the button is clicked and the request to that VF page made, there are a string of URL parameters attached which are causing some problems.

It seems the Id of the Opportunity is being passed as a "whatId" parameter which is good and makes sense.  But the Id of the Parent Account is being passed as the "whoId"??  This is causing validation problems when the parameters are used to prepopulate the new event page and it's is saved (can't have non-contact/lead in whoId field).

I could ignore the weird whoId in the custom VF page when it's redirecting to the new event standard page, but I'd rather understand how the standard "New Event" button is getting it added to its action URL in the first place.

Here's the markup for the standard New Event button taken from the source code of the standard Opportunity page:

<input value="New Event" class="btn" name="event" onclick="navigateToUrl('/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Event&amp;retURL=%2F006L0000002EAvn&amp;save_new_url=%2F00U%2Fe%3Fwho_id%3D001L0000003cSD6%26what_id%3D006L0000002EAvn%26retURL%3D%252F006L0000002EAvn','RELATED_LIST','event');" title="New Event" type="button" />

Note the 

who_id%3D001L0000003cSD6

bit.  This is where the Parent Account Id is being inserted into the request URL as the "whoId" parameter.  But as far I can tell, there's nowhere to control this behaviour and it appears to be standard.

Can anyone please help?  Am I missing where the URL parameters of a standard button can be customised.  Or is this a weird bug?

Thanks,

Ray

Anyone know if it's possible to log when users run reports (ie which one and with what parameters?).  Or otherwise log when they use the "Export" button?  We need to monitor data leaving our Org for regulatory reasons.

On a related note, is it possible at all to vary the functionality available to users based on where they login from?  for example, removing the ability to run reports unless theyve logged in from the office?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ray

Does anyone know if it's possible to capture when users run reports or otherwise extract data from the system?  We require some sort of monitoring for Data Loss Prevention.  It would be enough to log the user, the name of the report, and the parameters used to run it.  Though any other means of storing the data leaving the system would also be useful.

I'm thinking it's probably possible to have some JS embebed on the Report page that will detect when the "Run Report" or "Export" button is pressed and capture the user / parameters and send it to a logging web service.  But that seems a little hacky.

I can't see anything exposed that I could make a trigger on.  Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Ray

Hi

We have a requirement to monitor salesforce use for potential data loss outside of our company.  As a part of this, I'm investigating if it's possible to vary the functionality available to users according to their logon location.

Is it possible to restrict or alter the use of the following according to where the user has logged on from:

- reports

- downloading as files

- extracting data

Users have a need for some of these features when in the corporate network, but I don't know if it's possible to prevent certian features being unavailable if they've logged in from e.g. home / an unsecure computer.  Aside from giving users one login restricted to corporate IP addresses for doing this, and a more locked down one for other locations (an unworkable solution imo) I can't think of how it could be done.

I've not read anything remotely like this in the documentation so far so I think whatever the solution is it's not going to be dealt with by profiles / roles etc.

Would appreciate any help / ideas

Thanks,

Ray

Hi

We have a requirement to monitor potential data losses from our company.  As a part of this I'm trying to find if it's possible to log when reports are run, by whom, and what parameters they used.

Alternatively (and better) would be to be able to capture a copy of any reports or extracts that are downloaded from Salesforce and logged securely.

There's plenty in SF documentation about monitoring logins and object / field changes.  But nothing about data leaving the website.

Does anyone know if anything like this is possible?

Thanks,

Ray

I'm investigating Financial Reporting apps that are built on salesforce that provide enhanced control over reporting process beyond the built-in Salesforce features.  I'm primarily interested in financial reporting within the asset management business

eg
institutional client reports - accounting reports but with customisable appearance

fund "factsheets" - charts, graphs, tables + customised appearance

additional report - text with dynamic data inserted, charts, tables

I've had a search around the App Exchange and through Google but have not found much apart from wealth management apps that have fairly basic reports attached (ie Salesforce standard reports).  Does anyone know of any repoting apps that provide the following reporting functionality  :

- built on salesforce

- high degree of control over report layout (eg GUI editor / desktop publishing grade)

- report templates / reusable components

- batch reporting over multiple clients / portfolios

- manual overriding / editing of final report

- generation of report files

- report data sign off workflows

I'd be surprised if a mature product like this existed as an app as most similar apps are stand alone products (eg Equipos, Vermilion etc).  If anyone know or has seen anything, please could you give me some pointers.

Cheers,
Ray 

I'm having some issues with a standard button on the Related Activities List on our Opportunities page.

The "New Event" standard button is overridden to point to a custom VisualForce page.  However when the button is clicked and the request to that VF page made, there are a string of URL parameters attached which are causing some problems.

It seems the Id of the Opportunity is being passed as a "whatId" parameter which is good and makes sense.  But the Id of the Parent Account is being passed as the "whoId"??  This is causing validation problems when the parameters are used to prepopulate the new event page and it's is saved (can't have non-contact/lead in whoId field).

I could ignore the weird whoId in the custom VF page when it's redirecting to the new event standard page, but I'd rather understand how the standard "New Event" button is getting it added to its action URL in the first place.

Here's the markup for the standard New Event button taken from the source code of the standard Opportunity page:

<input value="New Event" class="btn" name="event" onclick="navigateToUrl('/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Event&amp;retURL=%2F006L0000002EAvn&amp;save_new_url=%2F00U%2Fe%3Fwho_id%3D001L0000003cSD6%26what_id%3D006L0000002EAvn%26retURL%3D%252F006L0000002EAvn','RELATED_LIST','event');" title="New Event" type="button" />

Note the 

who_id%3D001L0000003cSD6

bit.  This is where the Parent Account Id is being inserted into the request URL as the "whoId" parameter.  But as far I can tell, there's nowhere to control this behaviour and it appears to be standard.

Can anyone please help?  Am I missing where the URL parameters of a standard button can be customised.  Or is this a weird bug?

Thanks,

Ray

Can I use stored procedure to get data from salesforce to my website ?

Actually, I need large amount of data from different different objects & for every object data I need to create connection in java to connect salesforce & it returns data and for another object data again i need to create connection that return data so is their any way so that I can send entire bunch of query at a time to salesforce that will retrieve all the data from set of query & return to my java code so i dont need to create many connection for each object ???

Is there a DOCUMENTED way to use a static resource as an image in a formula field?  I'm trying to create an 'action link' that looks like a command button and need to find a place to store the background image for the link in a way that is environment agnostic

I'd hoped this would work, but $Resource doesn't seem to be recognized in formula fields (works fine in visualforce formulas).  

HYPERLINK('/apex/createAgreement?id=' +  Id ,  IMAGE( $Resource.Create_Agreement_Button , 'Create Agreement' )  , '_top')

It appears that this will work, but I'd rather not depend on undocumented functionality to accomplish this.  Particulary given I'd like to add this to a managed package at sometime and in theory there could be an identically named resource that alread exists in the org.

HYPERLINK('/apex/createAgreement?id=' +  Id ,  IMAGE( '/resource/Create_Agreement_Button' , 'Create Agreement' )  , '_top')

Documents are also a reasonable approach, but I don't know how to use them across multiple environments where I won't no the document id.