• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are trying to put out a patch, but are running into an issue. Our patch org just got updated to Summer 12. When I went to upload a new patch today, it detected new components and did not allow the upload. The only thing we changed was a few lines of code, but now there are "new components" of type "Summary Layout" that are included by pre-existing object layouts. I can't find any info re: summary layouts and I can't find where to remove them so I can upload this patch.

Anyone have any ideas?

• June 06, 2012

We are looking to set up continuous integration and possibly a code review system for our Force.com projects. I am familiar with Hudson/Jenkins for CI and ReviewBoard for code reviews which I had set up at a previous job. The difference is we were hosting all of that ourselves. Now we are a distributed team and currently have our SVN repository hosted with Codesion.

Does anyone know of a good hosted (and not terribly expensive) CI and/or code review solution?

• January 24, 2012

On our na3 & na11 orgs, we have the Winter '13 icon so I'm assuming we are on Winter '13, but when clicking Versions, then Push Uprades, we can't select any major release, only patch versions.  Selecting an existing patch org doesn't list any possible orgs either from other major versions. 

What are we missing here? How do we enable push major?  

The doc doesn't say any special perms are needed and we've had the patch perm for a while now. We don't have any install scripts yet, but will have to create one due to the questionable decision to only allow admins to get new features by default.  

We're using the new Apex Install Script feature and we're getting an error on package install.

When the attempt to install the package fails we receive the following email from Salesforce:

The package installation failed. Please provide the following information to the publisher:

Organization Name: [org name] Organization ID: [org id]

Package: [package name]

Version: 6.2

Error Message: The post install script failed.

Thank You,

salesforce.com

That doesn't really give us much to go on.  Does anyone know of a way to get more details about the failure?  Ideally we want to know what line number of the install handler or the exception that caused the problem.

• August 03, 2012

We are looking to set up continuous integration and possibly a code review system for our Force.com projects. I am familiar with Hudson/Jenkins for CI and ReviewBoard for code reviews which I had set up at a previous job. The difference is we were hosting all of that ourselves. Now we are a distributed team and currently have our SVN repository hosted with Codesion.

Does anyone know of a good hosted (and not terribly expensive) CI and/or code review solution?

• January 24, 2012