• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

UPDATED: 

Although I haven't solved the pop problem, after some digging I realize that the javascript used in the salesforce CTI processing is fully commented and available, so I should be able to debug and solve my screen pop issue. 

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, feel free to move my question to the appropriate location.

I am finishing my final testing on a Cisco UCM CTI Connector softphone adapter.  I have taken the .NET/C# "wrapper" code from the CTI Toolkit 4.0 and completely rewritten the CTIToolkit from C++ to C# and replaced all of the COM and old C++ code and requirements for the MS office toolkit dll with custom C# code to produce a 100% .NET/C# connector.  I'm trying to release a final product but I can't seem to get the search results to "screen pop" on salesforce.  

I have installed the Demo 4.0 adapter, configured my salesforce account appropriately and I can get it to screen pop a matching incoming phone call.  When I replace the demo adapter with my custom adapter, I get the search match result on the softphone but it never pops the screen to the appropriate account/contact/etc.  I'm using a Contact with a dummy phone number for testing, demo adapter works, mine doesn't.  Firefox vs IE (both configured to allow window pops) doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've dumped a detailed log from the demo adapter and been comparing to my log, and I can't quite figure out what XML data the demo adapter is sending that I am not.  When I look at the serialized XML data streams, for line in "RINGING" mode, the CTIRelatedObjectSets and subelements are pretty much exactly the same.  

My question (hopefully to an internal programmer with knowledge), is what are the "exact" conditions, fields and data that I must send in the XML response from my adapter to trigger a screen pop on the search results?  

Should I send the UIRefresh multiple times (say for each physical ring on the tapi interface)?  I read somewhere that the pop doesn't work reliably if you answer the phone too quick, but even if wait for a few seconds of incoming rings, it never get the search pop.  

Any thoughts or ideas on what to try next?  If knew exactly what trigger the pop on the salesforce javascript side, that would be immensely helpful.

Thanks.

-Jeff Bakke