• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi folk,

Hopefully you smart guys can help me out here. I have similar problem like you. I am trying to send an email from custom object with the related list. My custom object is 'Sample Tracking'

I created an email button on custom object with the following.

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?re​tURL=/{!Sample_Tracking__c.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={​!  Sample_Tracking__c.Recipient_ContactId__c }&template_id=00XJ0000000QD59&p5=')

I created an email template with following:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Sample Tracking Products and Product Descriptions" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Sample_Tracking__c"> <messaging:HtmlEmailBody > <html>     <body>      <STYLE type="text/css">            TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center }            TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana }            TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}            TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}      </STYLE>          <font face="arial" size="2">

<p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>       <p>Below is a list of Products and Product Descriptions cases related to the Sample Request: {!relatedTo.Id}.</p>       <p> {!relatedTo.Recipient_Contact__c}.</p>           <table border="0" >         <tr >             <th>Product</th><th>Product description</th><th>Send Quantity</th><th>Cost</th>          </tr> <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Product_Samples__r}">    <tr>        <td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">View</a> |         <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}/e">Edit</a></t​d>        <td>{!cx.name}</td>                 </tr> </apex:repeat>       </table>       <P/> </font>        </body>    </html>

</messaging:htmlEmailBody> </messaging:emailTemplate>

The problem I am getting is, when i click the email button the sample tracking is is not passed to the email template. And the email template don't return anything. It loads properly with contact in 'to box' of email and subjects text comes properly but the particular sample tracking page from which I click the email button is not passed to the template. So none of the related lists shows up.

Please suggest. I have spend about a week with no solution. Appreciate your time.

Thanks

Swayam

Hi ,

I really aprreciate your help. I have already spend 3 days looking around and can't find answer anywhere.

I have a custom object ' Sample Tracking'. I want to create a send email button and send the related list' products' to the associated customer. I created the botton with following no problem,

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Sample_Tracking__c.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!  Sample_Tracking__c.Recipient_ContactId__c }&template_id=00XJ0000000QD2e')

This is working fine. and triggering the email window. Now I created the email template with the following code. My question is, when I click on send email, the sampletracking ID is not passed to the email template. How do I do that. On the other hand when I want to test email template, it is asking for entering 'related to record' .What should I enter there.  Please help me in right direction. All i want is when I am on sample tracking page, and click the send an email, the same tracking no. should be pass to email template. and it should list out the products associated with that sample tracking no.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Testing Visualforce Email Template" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Sample_Tracking__c"> <messaging:HtmlEmailBody > <html>     <body>      <STYLE type="text/css">            TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center }            TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana }            TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}            TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}      </STYLE>          <font face="arial" size="2">

<p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>       <p>Below is a list of Products and Product Descriptions cases related to the Sample Request: {!relatedTo.name}.</p> <table border="0" >         <tr >             <th>Product</th><th>Product description</th><th>Send Quantity</th><th>Cost</th>          </tr> <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Product_Samples__r}">    <tr>        <td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">View</a> |         <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}/e">Edit</a></td>        <td>{!cx.name}</td>                 </tr> </apex:repeat>       </table>       <p /> </font>        </body>    </html>

Hi, could anyone help with this please, we have a workflow "Technical Request Approval Process" and as part of the submission process an email is sent to several users, however it has been noted that when certain users submit a tech request the workflow isnt sending any emails, does anyone have any ideas why this would be the case?

Hi All,

I am having two picklist fields in my vf page.

The values of the both the picklist are hard coded and the options are rendered according to a custom setting object which is having some boolean values.

The requirement is that if i select a value in the first picklist, then onclick of the first picklist value, the second picklist should not have the same option available,

Could you please let me know how to proceed with this.

Thanks in Advance,

Rajat.

Hi folk,

Hopefully you smart guys can help me out here. I have similar problem like you. I am trying to send an email from custom object with the related list. My custom object is 'Sample Tracking'

I created an email button on custom object with the following.

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?re​tURL=/{!Sample_Tracking__c.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={​!  Sample_Tracking__c.Recipient_ContactId__c }&template_id=00XJ0000000QD59&p5=')

I created an email template with following:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Sample Tracking Products and Product Descriptions" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Sample_Tracking__c"> <messaging:HtmlEmailBody > <html>     <body>      <STYLE type="text/css">            TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center }            TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana }            TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}            TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}      </STYLE>          <font face="arial" size="2">

<p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>       <p>Below is a list of Products and Product Descriptions cases related to the Sample Request: {!relatedTo.Id}.</p>       <p> {!relatedTo.Recipient_Contact__c}.</p>           <table border="0" >         <tr >             <th>Product</th><th>Product description</th><th>Send Quantity</th><th>Cost</th>          </tr> <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Product_Samples__r}">    <tr>        <td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">View</a> |         <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}/e">Edit</a></t​d>        <td>{!cx.name}</td>                 </tr> </apex:repeat>       </table>       <P/> </font>        </body>    </html>

The problem I am getting is, when i click the email button the sample tracking is is not passed to the email template. And the email template don't return anything. It loads properly with contact in 'to box' of email and subjects text comes properly but the particular sample tracking page from which I click the email button is not passed to the template. So none of the related lists shows up.

Please suggest. I have spend about a week with no solution. Appreciate your time.

Thanks

Swayam

HI guys,

hey guys tis is my problem.. ters s a master object calld opportunity, and it has two child objects "products" and "services".. what i want nw is i want a button in d "services" related list of opportunity, So wenever i click tat button it should open a new page with d details of "Product " object.. hw can i do tis.....? pls help me.... Am a fresher in sfdc.... :(

• February 24, 2012

Hi ,

I really aprreciate your help. I have already spend 3 days looking around and can't find answer anywhere.

I have a custom object ' Sample Tracking'. I want to create a send email button and send the related list' products' to the associated customer. I created the botton with following no problem,

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Sample_Tracking__c.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!  Sample_Tracking__c.Recipient_ContactId__c }&template_id=00XJ0000000QD2e')

This is working fine. and triggering the email window. Now I created the email template with the following code. My question is, when I click on send email, the sampletracking ID is not passed to the email template. How do I do that. On the other hand when I want to test email template, it is asking for entering 'related to record' .What should I enter there.  Please help me in right direction. All i want is when I am on sample tracking page, and click the send an email, the same tracking no. should be pass to email template. and it should list out the products associated with that sample tracking no.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Testing Visualforce Email Template" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Sample_Tracking__c"> <messaging:HtmlEmailBody > <html>     <body>      <STYLE type="text/css">            TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center }            TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana }            TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}            TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}      </STYLE>          <font face="arial" size="2">

<p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>       <p>Below is a list of Products and Product Descriptions cases related to the Sample Request: {!relatedTo.name}.</p> <table border="0" >         <tr >             <th>Product</th><th>Product description</th><th>Send Quantity</th><th>Cost</th>          </tr> <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Product_Samples__r}">    <tr>        <td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">View</a> |         <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}/e">Edit</a></td>        <td>{!cx.name}</td>                 </tr> </apex:repeat>       </table>       <p /> </font>        </body>    </html>

Hello.  I have a client who manages seminars and speakers using Campaigns.  The client wants a custom button on Campaign detail screen that will send two emails to each campaign member:

Email 1 contains fields from Campaign and related Account (seminar location map and directions text).

Email 2 contains a list of seminar speakers' contact info.  This list of info contains fields from Contact, Campaign and CampaignMember.  In other words, if John Doe, Richard Roe, and Nancy Smith are members in a campaign, the button should create a list containing info from Contact and CampaignMember for these  three contacts, and then email the list to each one of them.

First I tried using standard email template but I can't pass the campaign and campaignmember fields.

Now I'm looking at Visualforce email templates but I can't see how I can pass the Campaign Id/Name to the VF email template.  I need the campaign ID because I  need a VF component to display the contact list and so I have to pass the Campaign ID through the VF template into the component.

Can anyone tell me if parameters can be passed to VF email templates?  I've looked at the documentation and done some searching but haven't found anything.

Thanks

David

I'm trying to send a Visualforce email template with custom object information that also lists out some child items. It's a pretty simple idea, but I'm getting a compile error because it doesn't like my child object reference. Can anyone help me correct this? I have bolded the problem line.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Changeover Order Form APPROVED"
recipientType="User" relatedToType="Changeover_Order_Form__c">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

Details:
Account: {!relatedTo.Account__c}

Ingoing Order Amount: {!relatedTo.Ingoing_Order_Amount__c}
Package: {!relatedTo.Package_Options__c}
Gift Card Level: {!relatedTo.Gift_Card_Level__c}
Gift Card dollars used: {!relatedTo.Total_Gift_Card_dollars_used__c}

GIFT CARD SELECTION:
<apex:repeat var="gx" value="{!relatedTo.Gift_Card_Selection}">
Vendor: {!gx.Vendor_Card__c} ] - # of Cards: {!gx.of_Cards__c} ]
</apex:repeat>

View the record: http://www.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.Id}

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

I made sure that the Child Relationship Name field was filled in with "Gift_Card_Selection."

Am I missing something else?