• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all,

I am right now overriding standard edit functionality for a custom object X depending on the status and date range fields related to object X. But I need to provide 2 users the ability to edit records of object X. Please let me know if there is a work around for this.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I need to make two fields Field1 and Field2 editable only for a profile called Profile1 when the account number is null. Can I do this using a validation rule? Please advise.

Hi all,

I want to make a hyperlink in the email that I am sending. Right now I am using a Text email template to send an email from apex code.

Any suggestions?

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy my code in Production. But I am stuck with something. I know the reason but I can't find a workaround for this. Problem is:

I have this line in test method " PageReference pageRef = Page.ListOfReports;" where I am referrening the page which is not in Prod.

I am using the page called ListOfReports and I want to deploy this class which refers to Page ListOfReports and throws error saying that "Page List of reports doesn't exist".

And when I tried to deploy Page first the class that I am using is referred in Listofreports page and it throws the same error that the class doesn't exist.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thank you

-Priya.

Hello all,

I am trying to change few reports and Dashboards from one folder to other using Force.com IDE. I can import metadata of reports and manually move them but I cannot import any dashboard as the dashboards cannot be imported(Folders can be imported but no information about the dashboards in that folder). I am trying to change location of few dashboards? Any ideas on this?

Hi everyone,

I need to make two fields Field1 and Field2 editable only for a profile called Profile1 when the account number is null. Can I do this using a validation rule? Please advise.

Hello,

We are trying to set up the development environment for our developers. The problem is that after the installation the Force.com IDE dows not start.

All we get is an error message from Forceide, I have attached the copied contets of the message. It would be much appreciated if someone could tell us what we need to change to get it running:

---------------------------
Forceide
JVM terminated. Exit code=-1
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Xms256m
-Xmx1024m
-XX:PermSize=128M
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
-os win32
-ws win32
-arch x86
-showsplash
-launcher C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\forceide.exe
-name Forceide
--launcher.library C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
-startup C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
-install C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE
-configuration C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\configuration
-vm C:\Programme\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
-vmargs
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Xms256m
-Xmx1024m
-XX:PermSize=128M
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
OK  

Best regards,

Till Woerner

Hi,

I had created a application using a Free Developer Edition and did an Unmanaged package of the application and got a link. I am trying to use the link to install the Application in our Sandbox and am not able to do so. The link is always pointing to the Production environment and not to the sandbox.

What should I do now? 

Thanks

KD

I want to convert DateTime Value to Date Value , Please help me out ????????????
Hi,

I am creating a string in my APEX class which needs to have new line characters in it. For eg:

"This is line 1.
This is line 2."

I need to show this on my Visualforce page. It works but the new line char does not appear on the Visualforce page. I have tried adding almost all types of linefeed chars possible but none worked.

When i use "This is line 1 \n This is line 2", it shows the same in Visualforce page without converting it to a  new line. I have tried \n,\r,\n\r,<br/>,&lt;br/&gt; and few others. I also tried setting escape attribute of "outputText" on visualforce but it didnt worked. 

Is there any way to make it work.

Thanks
[GM]