• 5 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are trying to make a simple employment application with visualforce.

We created a custom object for employment application, and made a page and site.

The problem is, when I publically insert the data and try to save it—the form directs me to that particular record only signed in  users can see—so the public user will get an error page that says the public user don't have access to that certain page.

Here is our simple apex code:

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" standardController="Staff_Application__c">
<div style="margin: 0 auto; padding: 30px; width: 500px;">
<apex:form >
<label>First Name:</label>
<apex:inputField value="{!Staff_Application__c.First_Name__c}" />
<label>Last Name:</label>
<apex:inputField value="{!Staff_Application__c.Last_Name__c}" />
<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" />
</apex:form>
</div>
</apex:page>

and here is a link to our application:

http://artandjustice.force.com/employment

How can a public user press save button and it directs the public user to a page that I want them to see after they press them?  

For example after they insert the data, I want them to go to artandjustice.org/confirmation.php?

We created a custom object for employment application, and made a page and site.

The problem is, when I publically insert the data and try to save it—the form directs me to that particular record only signed in  users can see—so the public user will get an error page that says the public user don't have access to that certain page.

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" standardController="Staff_Application__c">
</div>

How can a public user press save button and it directs the public user to a page that I want them to see after they press them?  

For example after they insert the data, I want them to go to artandjustice.org/confirmation.php?

</div>