• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My test class seems to have stuck, it's been running for over an hour. Any ways I can tell where it got hang up?

I'm trying to write a testmethod for an apex class that reads a file from Visual Force <apex:inputFile> and process the file.

I'm trying to add the test file to Document object and read the body of that document in my testMethod but that seems to be a problem as nothing was returned from the query even though the same query works fine in the class body. So testMethod can't access Document Object? Is that the right way to test a input file? Or I have to construct a Blob somehow on the fly? Or any other ways to let the test method read a file?

Thank you very much for any leads.

Hi,

We have a request to write a trigger to send out an email message at a specific time delay after a situation happened. Because of the complex logic this can't be done via workflow. Anyway to mimic those behavior in my own apex trigger code?

Thanks so much.

Hi,

Got a very beginner's regarding security between salesforce and an external website that consumes a SOAP-based webservice I'm developing on salesforce. For the login ID and password I have to provide to the website, what are some of the ways to make the session more secure? How to encrypt the ID and password and to make them known between the website and salesforce?

Thanks so much.

How should I write in apex to retrieve the most recent activities (both open and history) related to a lead?

I'm hoping to wrap that information with other fields in a lead object to return to a V.F. to display as a list.

Thank you for all your input.

I created a three-column visual force page and would like to add that to a standard two-column section in my page layout. Ideally I don't want to create a new one column section as the content of the visualforce display belongs to the sample category of the rest of the standard section display. Is there any way to get around having to create a new section? Maybe instructing the visualforce page to take up two columns not just within its content but how it is placed outside?

Thanks!

I'm trying to write a wrapper class that includes search results from querying two Salesforce Objects. One of the elements in my class I prefer it to be a String, and the other one an Integer, and when I reference them in V.F., it won't compile. "Could not resolve the entity from <apex:inputField> value binding {!WrapperClassList.Stringelement}, <apex:inputField> can only be used with SObject fields". I'm able to include a Boolean element and that returns just fine.

How do I turn a String and an Integer type into something that can be passed through between an apex wrapper class and a V.F. page? Thanks!

I'm creating a new Lead layout in which the default Name (with FirstName, Last Name) field is not the one I would like to use to be the name of my Lead object items. Is there a way to tell the system to use a custom field I defined for the name, or at least append my prefered field value to the Name field?

Hi there,

I would like to change the default layout that comes up when creating a new lead. Just wonder if there is an existing way to do that other than creating a new VF page to replace the default edit layout?

Thank You.

I'm building a VF page where there is a section of data returned from my controller class and I would like the display of this datatable to look like a standard related list with hover-over color change and all that. Can I accomplish this by having  stylecalss="name_of_the_style" to my <datatable>? I can only put styleclass="list" in there that seems to make a difference. How do I check for the available stylecass-es? I did view the source and got dStandard.css file but none of the style labels there seem to work. Any tips greatly appreciated.

My test class seems to have stuck, it's been running for over an hour. Any ways I can tell where it got hang up?

I'm trying to write a testmethod for an apex class that reads a file from Visual Force <apex:inputFile> and process the file.

I'm trying to add the test file to Document object and read the body of that document in my testMethod but that seems to be a problem as nothing was returned from the query even though the same query works fine in the class body. So testMethod can't access Document Object? Is that the right way to test a input file? Or I have to construct a Blob somehow on the fly? Or any other ways to let the test method read a file?

Thank you very much for any leads.

Hi,

We have a request to write a trigger to send out an email message at a specific time delay after a situation happened. Because of the complex logic this can't be done via workflow. Anyway to mimic those behavior in my own apex trigger code?

Thanks so much.

I'm creating a new Lead layout in which the default Name (with FirstName, Last Name) field is not the one I would like to use to be the name of my Lead object items. Is there a way to tell the system to use a custom field I defined for the name, or at least append my prefered field value to the Name field?

Hi there,

I would like to change the default layout that comes up when creating a new lead. Just wonder if there is an existing way to do that other than creating a new VF page to replace the default edit layout?

Thank You.

I'm building a VF page where there is a section of data returned from my controller class and I would like the display of this datatable to look like a standard related list with hover-over color change and all that. Can I accomplish this by having  stylecalss="name_of_the_style" to my <datatable>? I can only put styleclass="list" in there that seems to make a difference. How do I check for the available stylecass-es? I did view the source and got dStandard.css file but none of the style labels there seem to work. Any tips greatly appreciated.