• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone had experience with automated report generation to be used to automatically maintain campaigns?

I have a request to be able to 'preschedule' reports and have the report contacts be added to a campaign at a later date.  So for example, a report is built on Monday, but the customer wants the most recent data attached to the campaign (which is set to run on Friday).  So they want the report to be able to run and attach it's contacts to the campaign on Friday.  I know you can schedule future runs of reports, but that doesn't really schedule them for a specific day, and then also to handle adding the contacts to a campaign.

The other request is for a campaign list to be refreshed on it's own.  Is there a way to have to criteria of a campaign be known to the system so it can search all campaign members to make sure they still meet the criteria, and if not, remove them.  And also to be able to search for contacts who were not on the campaign but now meet the requirements and add them.

Has anyone done anything like this before?

I have a custom object related to the Contact that I need to take the value from the most recent record in the custom object and display it on the contact.

The field on the custom object is a picklist. 

So when a new record is adding to the custom object, I want the picklist value to be put on the contact in a custom field.

Can I do this?

I'm working on a formula and am running into issues with trying to insert a dynamic date into a field.

On the contact there is a picklist of Season Year, e.g. Fall 2012, Spring 2013.  I'm trying to have the formula find "Fall" and the current Year, but it doesn't appear to be working correclty.

Here's what I have:

IF(AND
           (TEXT(Contact__r.Term_of_Interest__c) = "Fall 2012",
           (TEXT(Contact__r.Status__c) = "Admit" || TEXT(Contact__r.Status__c) = "Confirmed")),
            "Commitment",
IF(AND
        (TEXT(Contact__r.Term_of_Interest__c) = "Fall" & TEXT(YEAR(TODAY())),
         TODAY()<DATE(YEAR(TODAY()-365), 09, 01)), "ChoiceSet",
   IF (AND
          TODAY()>DATE(YEAR(TODAY()-365), 09, 01)), "Application",
     ""
       )
   )
)

In my head it should be joining Fall & Current Year, so Fall 2012, and next year it would be Fall 2013.  What am I missing?

I'm trying to create a task using a trigger from a Case.  I'm running into two issues:

1. Changing the task to point to the approriate case (apex whatId)

2. Assigning the Task to the case contact (OwnerId)

When I try assign OwnerId = Case.Contact I get an error of

Error: Compile Error: Invalid initial expression type for field Task.OwnerId, expecting: Id  

As for changing the Related to field to a case and pointing it to the right case, I have no idea how to do that.  It is defaulting to opportunity, I found that the cases all start with 500, but I don't know how that's useful.

Has anyone had experience with automated report generation to be used to automatically maintain campaigns?

I have a request to be able to 'preschedule' reports and have the report contacts be added to a campaign at a later date.  So for example, a report is built on Monday, but the customer wants the most recent data attached to the campaign (which is set to run on Friday).  So they want the report to be able to run and attach it's contacts to the campaign on Friday.  I know you can schedule future runs of reports, but that doesn't really schedule them for a specific day, and then also to handle adding the contacts to a campaign.

The other request is for a campaign list to be refreshed on it's own.  Is there a way to have to criteria of a campaign be known to the system so it can search all campaign members to make sure they still meet the criteria, and if not, remove them.  And also to be able to search for contacts who were not on the campaign but now meet the requirements and add them.

Has anyone done anything like this before?

I'm working on a formula and am running into issues with trying to insert a dynamic date into a field.

On the contact there is a picklist of Season Year, e.g. Fall 2012, Spring 2013.  I'm trying to have the formula find "Fall" and the current Year, but it doesn't appear to be working correclty.

Here's what I have:

IF(AND
           (TEXT(Contact__r.Term_of_Interest__c) = "Fall 2012",
           (TEXT(Contact__r.Status__c) = "Admit" || TEXT(Contact__r.Status__c) = "Confirmed")),
            "Commitment",
IF(AND
         TODAY()<DATE(YEAR(TODAY()-365), 09, 01)), "ChoiceSet",
   IF (AND
          TODAY()>DATE(YEAR(TODAY()-365), 09, 01)), "Application",
     ""
       )
   )
)

In my head it should be joining Fall & Current Year, so Fall 2012, and next year it would be Fall 2013.  What am I missing?

I'm trying to create a task using a trigger from a Case.  I'm running into two issues:

1. Changing the task to point to the approriate case (apex whatId)

2. Assigning the Task to the case contact (OwnerId)

When I try assign OwnerId = Case.Contact I get an error of

Error: Compile Error: Invalid initial expression type for field Task.OwnerId, expecting: Id  

As for changing the Related to field to a case and pointing it to the right case, I have no idea how to do that.  It is defaulting to opportunity, I found that the cases all start with 500, but I don't know how that's useful.