• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have written an Apex REST service, that is accessed via a SFDC site and is accessed anonymously. A recent change (not sure if a user changed something or if the change was on SFDC's side) resulted in the result set returning zeros records. All the API does is perform a SOQL query and return a result. When hitting the API without authentication, I recieve a status of 200 but zero records returned. If I include authentication, I recieve a 200 with records returned.  This worked, without authentication, as of a week ago. The odd thing is that there is no security error... the response is a 200 error. The only difference between the two cases is sending the request with authentication, and the response with that authentication returns records, the others does not. 

Note, the record being queried is a 'case.'

Do you have any ideas how to configure SFDC so that a record is returned (without authentication)?
  • August 25, 2017

I have been successful with creating VF pages that are used to override a 'Edit' buttons for a few objects within Salesforce. I would like to do  the same to override the 'New' button. I've used the same code, as a starting point. I find that the standard controller attempts to retrieve a record from the database based on the record Id found in the request, and made it available to the Visualforce page (automatically). And if the retrieval is a success, the page displays as it should. 

When using a standard controller and I do not have an Id for the object, as it is when a user clicks 'New', how can I present the same form/layout that one would see with the standard page? Is this possible?

Thanks much.

• March 09, 2012

I have been successful with creating VF pages that are used to override a 'Edit' buttons for a few objects within Salesforce. I would like to do  the same to override the 'New' button. I've used the same code, as a starting point. I find that the standard controller attempts to retrieve a record from the database based on the record Id found in the request, and made it available to the Visualforce page (automatically). And if the retrieval is a success, the page displays as it should. 

When using a standard controller and I do not have an Id for the object, as it is when a user clicks 'New', how can I present the same form/layout that one would see with the standard page? Is this possible?

Thanks much.

• March 09, 2012