• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm working on a CTI adapter.  I'm having some difficulty creating custom buttons on the SoftPhone that work when in Service Cloud Console.

I've read Gautam's very useful blog at http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000YKxYAAW, and for testing purposes I'm trying simply to get a custom button on the Softphone to create a new case.  I have the URL of my button set (without the pretty spacing) to:

javascript:
    if (typeof(srcUp) == 'function')
    {
        alert('in console');
        srcUp('/500/e?isdtp=vw');
        alert('done');
    }
    else
    {
        alert('not in console');
        parent.frames.location.replace('/500/e');
    }

It almost works:

• When not in the Service Cloud Console, it works fine.  I get the "not in console" alert, and the new case panel comes up.
  • When in the Service Cloud Console starting with viewing a list of cases, it doesn't work.  I get both the "in console" and "done" alerts, but nothing else.
  • When in the Service Cloud Console starting with already viewing some other detail, it works in a strange way.  I get both the "in console" and "done" alerts, and the new case panel comes up in a tab alongside the details that I was already viewing.

What I want is for the button to have the same effect as if I had clicked the "New Case" button from the list of cases view.

I expect there's a simple answer to what I'm doing wrong, but I'm stuck for the moment.  Can anybody help, please?

Thanks,

James.

Hi,

I'm creating a CTI Adapter based on the Demo Adapter in CTI Toolkit 4.03 and noticed that it doesn't support automatic proxy configuration: the Softphone in IE/Chrome cannot even connect to the adapter!

To bypass this issue I call Chrome with explicit proxy settings (--proxy-server=x.x.x.x:x --proxy-bypass-list=localhost) and also added System.Net.WebProxy to Reference.cs\SforceService.
So now they can connect, but I'm still getting the below error in cti_connector.log:

05/20/2014 08:48:12: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: Error setting instance and SID.  Http Send Request
Win32Error::
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.
05/20/2014 08:48:12: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: COM Error: Http Send Request
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.
05/20/2014 08:48:12: CCTIAppExchange::UpdateSid: Unable to get user ID.  Error message: Http Send Request

and also

05/20/2014 11:31:24: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: Error setting instance and SID.  SFWinInet::Send::HttpSendRequestEx
The operation timed out
05/20/2014 11:31:58: CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid: Error setting instance and SID.  SFWinInet::Send::HttpSendRequestEx
The operation timed out

The exception occurs in CCTIAppExchange::SetSessionInstanceAndSid when calling pSession->SessionId=CCTIUtils::StringToBSTR(sSid).
It calls SF_MSApi4.dll that probably cannot cope with proxy script.
I've also tried to use pSession->SetProxyInfo but it didn't make any difference.

If I set the proxy server manually in Internet Options->Connections->LAN Settings, then everything works fine.
But in our production environment, the policy is to use automatic configuration script (PAC), so I'm not allowed
to manually set the proxy server.

Can you please suggest any solution or workaround?

Thanks in advance!

I'm working on a CTI adapter.  I'm having some difficulty creating custom buttons on the SoftPhone that work when in Service Cloud Console.

I've read Gautam's very useful blog at http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000YKxYAAW, and for testing purposes I'm trying simply to get a custom button on the Softphone to create a new case.  I have the URL of my button set (without the pretty spacing) to:

javascript:
    if (typeof(srcUp) == 'function')
    {
        alert('in console');
        srcUp('/500/e?isdtp=vw');
        alert('done');
    }
    else
    {
        alert('not in console');
        parent.frames.location.replace('/500/e');
    }

It almost works:

• When not in the Service Cloud Console, it works fine.  I get the "not in console" alert, and the new case panel comes up.
  • When in the Service Cloud Console starting with viewing a list of cases, it doesn't work.  I get both the "in console" and "done" alerts, but nothing else.
  • When in the Service Cloud Console starting with already viewing some other detail, it works in a strange way.  I get both the "in console" and "done" alerts, and the new case panel comes up in a tab alongside the details that I was already viewing.

What I want is for the button to have the same effect as if I had clicked the "New Case" button from the list of cases view.

I expect there's a simple answer to what I'm doing wrong, but I'm stuck for the moment.  Can anybody help, please?

Thanks,

James.

We are trying to clone an existing call center with in salesforce and receiving this error...

Custom setup limit exceeded

There is a limit of 3,000 custom setup for each application. 

Click here to return to the previous page.

Any Idea?? What does this error mean?

Thanks.

We are experiencing the CTI adapter disconnects frequently.  The issue is very inconsistent.  The caller becomes unable to click the Answer button.  The Softphone disappears and the caller must click "Connect to CTI Adapter" button again. 

We are also noticing javascript page errors in the bottom left corner.

This is happening on the SimpliCTI Adapter version 4 as well as the Demo Adapter version 4.0.

• April 05, 2012