• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Dear SFDC,

the blue text below is my original case.   I beleive the syntax in the code, the original rep. helped me with, is incorrect.  I have a unique Web to Lead = TRUE code written as a hidden field, that is supposed to be "checked" every time we get direct Lead entries into SFDC from our site.  Currently this field is not being automatically checked each time.  It's just an empty field.

I was instructed to give this code to our web develpers: <input type=hidden name="00N00000000X0xY" id="00N00000000X0xY" value="CustField"> 

I think it's too generic and incorrect.  Please help me with the  correct code.  

Many thanks!

Dear Angelique,

Here is some information related to the support call we had today

When using salesforce.com's Web to Lead and Web to Case, you can use hidden HTML parameters to set the values of your lead or case fields. The use of hidden parameters prevents your end-users from changing the value of those fields.

To pass a hidden value, use the following HTML tags:

<input type=hidden name="nameofhiddenfield" id="nameofhiddenfield" value="XXXX">

For example, if you want all cases captured via the Online Case Capture interface to have a Priority of High, then you would use the following HTML syntax:

<input type=hidden name="Priority" id="Priority" value="High">

Custom fields can also be passed as hidden fields. However, this may require assistance from the Administrator of the Organization to attain the ID number of the custom field. The correct syntax to pass a hidden custom field would then be:

<input type=hidden name="00N00000000X0xY" id="00N00000000X0xY" value="CustField">

Your case number is 06911137. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with and I will be more than glad to assist you.

I hope you have a great day! Please contact us at any time at 1-800-667-6389 option 2.

Thank you,
Norman Carranza Rojas

Dear SFDC,

the blue text below is my original case.   I beleive the syntax in the code, the original rep. helped me with, is incorrect.  I have a unique Web to Lead = TRUE code written as a hidden field, that is supposed to be "checked" every time we get direct Lead entries into SFDC from our site.  Currently this field is not being automatically checked each time.  It's just an empty field.

I was instructed to give this code to our web develpers: <input type=hidden name="00N00000000X0xY" id="00N00000000X0xY" value="CustField"> 

I think it's too generic and incorrect.  Please help me with the  correct code.  

Many thanks!

Dear Angelique,

Here is some information related to the support call we had today

When using salesforce.com's Web to Lead and Web to Case, you can use hidden HTML parameters to set the values of your lead or case fields. The use of hidden parameters prevents your end-users from changing the value of those fields.

To pass a hidden value, use the following HTML tags:

<input type=hidden name="nameofhiddenfield" id="nameofhiddenfield" value="XXXX">

For example, if you want all cases captured via the Online Case Capture interface to have a Priority of High, then you would use the following HTML syntax:

<input type=hidden name="Priority" id="Priority" value="High">

Custom fields can also be passed as hidden fields. However, this may require assistance from the Administrator of the Organization to attain the ID number of the custom field. The correct syntax to pass a hidden custom field would then be:

<input type=hidden name="00N00000000X0xY" id="00N00000000X0xY" value="CustField">

Your case number is 06911137. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with and I will be more than glad to assist you.

I hope you have a great day! Please contact us at any time at 1-800-667-6389 option 2.

Thank you,
Norman Carranza Rojas