• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

We have an integration using Pentaho (PDI) to Salesforce. Using the "Salesforce Input" step we are able to pull all the fields from the Account Object except: NaicsCode, NaicsDesc and SicDesc. 

Does anyone know why this may be happening? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

• February 06, 2013

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of changing the prices of our price books. We would like to update open opportunities to reflect the new amount of price books and leave our historical closed opportunities as they are. 

What would be the best way to update our open opportunities? I was thinking of doing an import of Opportunity products just to update the existing opportunities.

Thanks in advance!

• October 09, 2012

Hi all,

I'm working with Colaborative Forecasting in a Sandbox and I'm really confused about forecasting Categories. Here is what the help section says about Categories for Customizable Forecasting:

Your forecast is a representation of your opportunity amounts, dates, and stages. Click the Forecasts tab and notice that your forecast amounts are listed in different categories. Depending on its stage, an opportunity amount can be included in the following forecast categories:

• Best Case includes amounts you are likely to close, closed/won opportunity amounts, and amounts in the Commit category.
  • Closed includes amounts for closed/won opportunities.
  • Commit includes amounts you are confident about closing and closed/won opportunity amounts.
  • Omitted means the amount does not contribute to your forecast.
  • Pipeline includes amounts from all open opportunities.

Does anyone know if these will also be carried over to Collaborative Forecasting? If not, I'm going to have a tough time getting the sales team onboard. I can't find much out there on this. 

Thanks in advance.

• September 18, 2012

Hi All,

Our Marketing team creates and manages several Campaigns per month. We would like to be able to analyze the ROI of these Campaigns. The problem is that we are a monthly subscription based company that uses a simple formula field to calculate the real values of opportunities. The formula field essentially takes the amount value (sum of products) and multiplies by number of months in the year. 

Has anyone calculated Campaign ROI against another field besides the standard Amount field? I know it utilizes a standard rollup summary field but am unsure if it is something that can be replicated with another value besides Amount. 

Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Thanks!!

• August 24, 2012

Hello,

I feel pretty dumb asking all the bright minds on this forum this silly question but here goes. 

I can't figure out why some users get the option to choose a record type upon case creation while others go straight to the default. I know I'm missing something really basic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• August 02, 2012

Hi Everyone, 

I'm looking to track opened number of emails from Mass Emails using an HTML Template. 

I know this can be done when the email is sent from the Contact/Lead table. 

Can this be done using the HTML Email Status Report?

Thanks!

• July 13, 2012

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a table component on a dashboard with 4 columns (ugh) and I can't get it to work properly.

Here are the columns I need. 

Opportunity Owner

Opportunity Name

Close Date

Amount

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks!!

• June 22, 2012

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of changing the prices of our price books. We would like to update open opportunities to reflect the new amount of price books and leave our historical closed opportunities as they are. 

What would be the best way to update our open opportunities? I was thinking of doing an import of Opportunity products just to update the existing opportunities.

Thanks in advance!

• October 09, 2012

Hi All,

Our Marketing team creates and manages several Campaigns per month. We would like to be able to analyze the ROI of these Campaigns. The problem is that we are a monthly subscription based company that uses a simple formula field to calculate the real values of opportunities. The formula field essentially takes the amount value (sum of products) and multiplies by number of months in the year. 

Has anyone calculated Campaign ROI against another field besides the standard Amount field? I know it utilizes a standard rollup summary field but am unsure if it is something that can be replicated with another value besides Amount. 

Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Thanks!!

• August 24, 2012

Hello,

I feel pretty dumb asking all the bright minds on this forum this silly question but here goes. 

I can't figure out why some users get the option to choose a record type upon case creation while others go straight to the default. I know I'm missing something really basic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• August 02, 2012

Hi i am trying to get a report like from which stage the Opportunity was won i.e i have 6 stages A,B,C,D , E(Won),F(Lost).

So from which stage it came to E(WON) . So i am using the native reporting available for us Opportunity history information fields FROM stage and To stage fields Problem here is the Opportunoity history is recording a change in the stage history when ever we make a change to stage or cloise date or 2 other fields so even i chnage the close date it is recording a entry in the history that there is change in stage . How can i overcome this.

Thanks,

Akhil.

• August 02, 2012

Hi Everyone, 

I'm looking to track opened number of emails from Mass Emails using an HTML Template. 

I know this can be done when the email is sent from the Contact/Lead table. 

Can this be done using the HTML Email Status Report?

Thanks!

• July 13, 2012

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a table component on a dashboard with 4 columns (ugh) and I can't get it to work properly.

Here are the columns I need. 

Opportunity Owner

Opportunity Name

Close Date

Amount

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks!!

• June 22, 2012

Hello,

I've seen a number of posts regarding this issue, but none have been responded to so I'm hoping there might be more information now.

The problem is that I have a custom button which allows you to close a case with one click, the button basically sends you to this URL:

https://na5.salesforce.com/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&cas7=Closed

This functionality depends on the "save=1" part of the link, which saves the record without having to click on the save button.

This is currently working in an older org I have, but not in any new orgs.  What happens if you try to pass "save=1" you get an error saying,

"Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change."

Does anyone know if this behavior has changed?  Or even better, a way to do this now that there seems to be issues?

Thank you!

Brendan