• Technical Architect
  • Mavens Consulting

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Based on the documentation seen here (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/connectAPI_enums.htm#FeedSortOrder_enum), ConnectApi.FeedSortOrder is a valid Apex Enum.  However when I try to save this simple class with v28.0 through v31.0, I get the followin error "Compilation error: Invalid type: ConnectApi.​FeedSortOrder".  Here is the Apex class to reproduce the error

public with sharing class scratch
{
    private ConnectApi.​FeedSortOrder fso = ConnectApi.​FeedSortOrder.LastModifiedDateDesc;
}

Chatter is enabled in this org and other ConnectApi.ChatterFeeds related classes are working.

It would appear that the Apex compiler doesn't recognize ConnectApi.​FeedSortOrder enum as a valid Apex object.
Can "Customer Community Login" license make use of ConnectAPI.ChatterFeeds.* classes and methods? If so, is there a profile tweak that needs to be done? Initial attempts to execute the following ...

ConnectApi.ChatterFeeds.getFeedItemsFromFeed(null, ConnectApi.FeedType.News, 'me');

...produces the following error....

"Insufficient Privileges - You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary."

If I run the same page as an internal user, the code executes correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

John

Has anyone seen an issue in Summer13 sandboxes where a VisualForce page will fail when it accesses an Apex Property with the datatype of "ID"?

The error message that I am getting is "java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to lib.id.ID".  The debug logs do not show any error at all.

This error was first noticed on Monday, May 13 in a Summer13 sandbox.  The specific code was created last summer (July 2012) and we have had no issue with it.  The same code is working correctly in Spring13 orgs.

The issue appears to be related to Summer '13 now working always with 18 char IDs. This can cause code issues.

I am building a managed package application that contains several permission sets that could be applied by admins.  I have setup two of these permission sets to have APIEnabled = True in the UserPermission section.  When we move the permssionSet via source code / metadata to the various development environments, the permission is applied correctly.  I have checked the DE org that we are using to bundle the package and it too is also set correctly.

When I install the managed package and look at the permission set that came across, that permission is not granted.  Is there a reason for that this?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers!

@JohnDTheMaven

Hello everyone.

Is it possible to create a permission set based on the Guest User License?

I have a managed package solution and want to define a permission set that the subscribing ORG's admin can then assign to the Force.com Site Guest User as an assignable permission set.

Is this even possible?  If so, how would I go about doing this?

As always, I appreciate the help.

Cheers!

John

Based on the documentation seen here (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/connectAPI_enums.htm#FeedSortOrder_enum), ConnectApi.FeedSortOrder is a valid Apex Enum.  However when I try to save this simple class with v28.0 through v31.0, I get the followin error "Compilation error: Invalid type: ConnectApi.​FeedSortOrder".  Here is the Apex class to reproduce the error

public with sharing class scratch
{
    private ConnectApi.​FeedSortOrder fso = ConnectApi.​FeedSortOrder.LastModifiedDateDesc;
}

Chatter is enabled in this org and other ConnectApi.ChatterFeeds related classes are working.

It would appear that the Apex compiler doesn't recognize ConnectApi.​FeedSortOrder enum as a valid Apex object.

hi,

just like to ask if am i missing some items when doing the changeset deployment?

im having an error in deploying a report having a bucketfield

thanks in advance,

mark

• May 02, 2012