• Salesforce Lead
  • Clearbit

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a package I pulled down using sfdx force:mdapi:retrieve which I then converted to DX structure using the force:mdapi:convert command.  One thing that happens during convert is that all the Static Resources in my package that were a .zip archive are then decompressed and shown in a folder structure under staticresources in the DX folder structure.  My issue comes when I am trying to do a deploy of DX source code back into the packaging org (not a scratch org) using force:source:convert and then force:mdapi:deploy, I get the following message for one or more of the static resources in the package:

The specified Static Resource is not a valid zip file

I am assuming the convert from DX to mdapi should zip all of the files in the DX folder for the static resource, but it looks like something is going wrong.  Has anyone else run into this error before?

I sm trying to setup a continuous integration process for our org and I am running into an issue that I can find no solution for.  We have re-created all of our sandboxes and they now contain managed packages with Apex test failures (due to custom field validations, etc.).  I have found no way to run an Ant deployment to a sandbox and run only the tests that are NOT included in the managed packages (like you would get if you set runalltests=false, but deploy to a production org).  Every build we run to our integration sandbox fails because we get Apex failures from the managed packages, even though all of our tests pass.

Below is the path we are using to promote code (this process is not unique within our company or continuous integration lifecycle in general):
  1. Develop code in developer's sandbox.
  2. Check-in code to source control (for us it is Git/GitHub)
  3. Jenkins build job monitors commits to GitHub master branch and runs a deploy to Integration sandbox when changes are found.  All tests are run during build <deploy runalltests=true> (FAIL)
  4. The QA runs a manual Jenkins job to deploy master branch to QA sandbox.  All tests are run during build <deploy runalltests=true> (FAIL)
  5. After QA, the master branch is pushed to the Staging sandbox via Jenkins for user acceptance testing.  No tests are run <deploy runalltests=false> (PASS)
  6. Code is deployed to Production org using Jenkins build.  During this deployment process, runAllTests= false, so only the non-managed Apex test code gets executed <deploy runalltests=false> (PASS)
I'm sure other people have run into this, but is there any solution?

I am trying to implement the following functionality:

I have a dashboard on a VF page that I need to export to Excel(.xls(x) or .csv).  The Dashboard itself is not one continuous <table>, so I am creating an output stream via JavaScript that will create a cohesive <table> or formatted CSV to be passed to an apex page with contenttype="application/vnd.ms-excel" to be downloaded as a file.  I know I need the server to generate the contenttype so the data downloads as a file, so I just need to populate the page with my passed-in output stream.

My question is, what mechanism do I use to get my JS data (either csv or html) to the VF export page to render?  I have tried actionFunctions and JS Remoting with no success.  I thought I would throw it out to the developer community to get input on which is the correct path to take (if it is even possible) so I could concentrate my efforts.  

Thanks,

Jason

I sm trying to setup a continuous integration process for our org and I am running into an issue that I can find no solution for.  We have re-created all of our sandboxes and they now contain managed packages with Apex test failures (due to custom field validations, etc.).  I have found no way to run an Ant deployment to a sandbox and run only the tests that are NOT included in the managed packages (like you would get if you set runalltests=false, but deploy to a production org).  Every build we run to our integration sandbox fails because we get Apex failures from the managed packages, even though all of our tests pass.

Below is the path we are using to promote code (this process is not unique within our company or continuous integration lifecycle in general):
  3. Jenkins build job monitors commits to GitHub master branch and runs a deploy to Integration sandbox when changes are found.  All tests are run during build <deploy runalltests=true> (FAIL)
  4. The QA runs a manual Jenkins job to deploy master branch to QA sandbox.  All tests are run during build <deploy runalltests=true> (FAIL)
  5. After QA, the master branch is pushed to the Staging sandbox via Jenkins for user acceptance testing.  No tests are run <deploy runalltests=false> (PASS)
  6. Code is deployed to Production org using Jenkins build.  During this deployment process, runAllTests= false, so only the non-managed Apex test code gets executed <deploy runalltests=false> (PASS)

I am trying to implement the following functionality:

I have a dashboard on a VF page that I need to export to Excel(.xls(x) or .csv).  The Dashboard itself is not one continuous <table>, so I am creating an output stream via JavaScript that will create a cohesive <table> or formatted CSV to be passed to an apex page with contenttype="application/vnd.ms-excel" to be downloaded as a file.  I know I need the server to generate the contenttype so the data downloads as a file, so I just need to populate the page with my passed-in output stream.

My question is, what mechanism do I use to get my JS data (either csv or html) to the VF export page to render?  I have tried actionFunctions and JS Remoting with no success.  I thought I would throw it out to the developer community to get input on which is the correct path to take (if it is even possible) so I could concentrate my efforts.  

Thanks,

Jason

Hi,

When I use the apex:DataTable tag in my VF, it is showing some junk data.

The codes that I am using are:

VF page:

<apex:page controller="testController" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" renderAs="pdf">
<h2> test text </h2>
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!AccountList}" var="Account" border="1" width="700">
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Controller class:

public class testController{

public list<Account> AccountList{get;set;}

public testController(){
AccountList = [select id,Name from Account limit 5];
}
}

This gives the output as

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

test text

JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The junk data does not appear when I render the page normally.

Any pointers on why this is happening and how to avoid it ?