• 10 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In short, my problem is that the Activity History related list on a custom object only shows tasks whose status is Completed. If I create or amend a task so its status is Pending then it does not appear on the list. I would all tasks to show so that people can pick off Pending tasks and complete them. Seems a not unreasonable requirement :-)

To give a bit more information. I was asked add incoming and outgoing email functionaility to a custom object. The outgoing part is easy, using the inbuilt button on the Activity History list. To handle incoming email, I have created an email service which adds tasks to the custom object showing that an email has been received, with the description being the body of the email. The tasks are created successully but only show on the Actiivity History list if their status is Completed. I need them to also show if they have status of Pending, so people can identify them and act on them (typically, reply to the email).

I made the service create tasks, following SF's own documention on incoming email services, but I do wonder if this is the best way. Apart from the above problem, another concern I have is whether tasks will be visible to all revelant users or whether they are private to the creator/assignee.

Maybe I need to take another approach?
I have just got a new PC and installed Eclipse (Kepler) and Force.com IDE 31. When I try and create a new project against our sandbox I get the following error message:

Unable to fetch organization details for egreig@...

Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

I need to set up 5 picklists for certain record types of  Case object, such that

• the value selected for picklist 1 determines the values available for selection in 2
  • the values selected for 1 and 2 determine the values available for selection in 3
  • the values selected for 1 2 and 3 determine the values available for selection in 4
  • the values selected for 1 2 3 and 4 determine the values available for selection in 5

For example Country => City => Hotel => Room Type => Price Range

I believe this can't be done with dependent fields, so I thought I should create a visual force page. But this would need to apply only to certain Case record types. Is that possible, and if so, how?

Or is there another way?

Thanks in advance

Euan

• April 24, 2012
In short, my problem is that the Activity History related list on a custom object only shows tasks whose status is Completed. If I create or amend a task so its status is Pending then it does not appear on the list. I would all tasks to show so that people can pick off Pending tasks and complete them. Seems a not unreasonable requirement :-)

To give a bit more information. I was asked add incoming and outgoing email functionaility to a custom object. The outgoing part is easy, using the inbuilt button on the Activity History list. To handle incoming email, I have created an email service which adds tasks to the custom object showing that an email has been received, with the description being the body of the email. The tasks are created successully but only show on the Actiivity History list if their status is Completed. I need them to also show if they have status of Pending, so people can identify them and act on them (typically, reply to the email).

I made the service create tasks, following SF's own documention on incoming email services, but I do wonder if this is the best way. Apart from the above problem, another concern I have is whether tasks will be visible to all revelant users or whether they are private to the creator/assignee.

Maybe I need to take another approach?
I have just got a new PC and installed Eclipse (Kepler) and Force.com IDE 31. When I try and create a new project against our sandbox I get the following error message:

Unable to fetch organization details for egreig@...

Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

We are developing a Rates managment system in Salesforce, in which Sales Reps can see and change the rates their customers will be charged for our services. As part of this there is the option to export a set of rates in Excel format. The rep would then discuss this with their customer and make any agreed changes to rates on the spreadsheet. We need then to get that data back into Salesforce from the spreadsheet.

Could we script Data Loader to import the data from a csv file uploaded from a visualforce page? If so, how? Or is there some other way? The whole process needs to be as simple as possible for the user. Preferably just: pick your file.and press the upload button.

Any pointers you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Euan