• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello salesfroce masters,

I created a custom visual force page to replace the opportunity landing page once the user clicks on the opportunity tab - the goal is to eliminate the 'new' button

for refference this is the page source:

<apex:page showHeader="true" tabstyle="Opportunity" rendered="true"> 
    <apex:ListViews type="Opportunity" /> 
</apex:page>

1.Is there a way to make everyone fall on the same public view?
2. is there a way to render only the body and not the whole page once the user clicks on the opportunity tab and redierected to this page?

Thanks!
Maor
Hi There-

We are using Pardot for marketing automation and currrently the sync works from Pardot to Salesforce automatically and from Salesforce to Pardot with a button click that executes a java scrpit that pushes lead basic data to our Pardot instance

window.location = 'https://blablabla/email/{!Lead.Email}?lead_id={!Lead.Id}&sessionid={!$Api.Session_ID}&serverurl={!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_90}&redirect_location='+window.location
Im requesting for your help to translate this JS to apex which will work every time 1 or more leads are created in salesforce?
Please assist

Maor

Hi,
We are trying to deploy a simple change set (for starters) from sandbox to production - just some changes on the page layout and few new fields.
Then we get the attached error (even when deactivating the validation rules)

Do you have any suggestions? 
Error msg (https://help.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P3000000Kig1TEAR

I created a custom visual force page to replace the opportunity landing page once the user clicks on the opportunity tab - the goal is to eliminate the 'new' button

2. is there a way to render only the body and not the whole page once the user clicks on the opportunity tab and redierected to this page?

Thanks!
Maor
Hi There-

We are using Pardot for marketing automation and currrently the sync works from Pardot to Salesforce automatically and from Salesforce to Pardot with a button click that executes a java scrpit that pushes lead basic data to our Pardot instance

window.location = 'https://blablabla/email/{!Lead.Email}?lead_id={!Lead.Id}&sessionid={!$Api.Session_ID}&serverurl={!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_90}&redirect_location='+window.location
Im requesting for your help to translate this JS to apex which will work every time 1 or more leads are created in salesforce?
Please assist

Maor

Thanks!
Maor
Hi There-

Please assist

Maor

Hi,
We are trying to deploy a simple change set (for starters) from sandbox to production - just some changes on the page layout and few new fields.
Then we get the attached error (even when deactivating the validation rules)

Do you have any suggestions? 
Error msg (https://help.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P3000000Kig1TEAR

Hi Salesforce experts,

I have implemented Federated SSO in salesforce. i have tested login from sso login url using my ADS user  id and password and i am successful.

I tried to logging in from login.salesforce.com using my salesforce user id and password. i am successful to login from this too.

if a user is able to login throug login.salesforce.com after implementing federated sso in salesforce, there is no meaning at all for this implementation.  because SSO gives company admin to control access to all applications but here admin can not control salesforce user even after sso implementation.

I tried emplyoing a trigger on user account which changes the password everytime time user record is being updated as below so that users will not be known what is their salesforce password as shown below

trigger testtrigger on User ( before update )
{
       Double ran=Math.random();
       System.setPassword('005E0000000cSO9','asdfqwer'+ran);
       system.debug(' forgot   '+'asdfqwer'+ran);

}

This trigger is getting executed when ever the user record changes but the problem is when user clicks on forgot password and he reset the password , this trigger is not getting called.

at this moment, i dont have any option to enforce the users to login from sso login page.

Can anybody solve this problem.

Thanks

• June 23, 2012

OK so I've been an admin for about 3 years and (for better or worse) know more about SF than anyone in my company.  i have some experience with apex and Visualforce, but little with triggers.

what i need is to write a trigger in production that does this:  the trigger should create a new record in a custom object called "Vehicles" when an Opportunity record is created with a specific value in one of its custom fields (the field is called "Type").  So, when an opp is created and saved with Type = "x", then the trigger should fire, and a new vehicle object record should be created that is populated with a few fields from that opportunity record.

can anyone send me some code to show me what this trigger should be or look like?  I've been researching this but have no clue, and I'm afraid of writing bad code that will cause problems.

also, the custom object is not in a parent-child relationship with the opporuntiy object, and i don't want it to be unless it has to be.

i know the developers in here are ridiculously smart and talented, and i'm just hoping one of you feels sorry enough for an amateur like me to help me out.  thanks a lot.

Hi all,
I am new to SalesForce.com and would like to know how can I change the label of a related list?

For example,
I was creating a master-detail field for the object Job Posting, when it reached the step where I need to specify the label, I saved it as "Job Posting". But later on I find that I was wrong and would like to change it to something else.

Thank you in advance.
I'd like to re-open the discussion of SortOrder on the OpportunityLineItem object. A thread from 3.5 years ago can be located here:
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&message.id=3154

Looks like people from SF were going to look into it but obviously nothing has come to fruition. The reason I have put this in the Visualforce board is that we have have a few VF applications that could really take advantage of access to this field. Visualforce has also opened up new possibilities to UI design where the ability to manage SortOrder could be useful.

Also, no offense to salesforce.com, but the tool for sorting OpportunityLineItems is not that useful when there are multiple products with the same name. I have actually built a pretty slick sorting application but this is currently useless.

A lot of the concerns were about error handling. What happens if you have 3 line items but sort order is defined as, 1, 2, 2. Or 1, 2, 4. How about just throwing a sortOrder exception and force the developers to write good code?

Ideas? Thoughts?
http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10092062/OpportunityLineItem_SortOrder_to_be_CreatableUpdatable

-Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 09-05-2008 01:22 PM
  • September 03, 2008