• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I' using page messages to display message on vf page.

I want to display message as show below...

How can i achieve that

ApexPages.Message msg=new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.Info,'You Selected'+' '+a.name );
ApexPages.addMessage(msg);

I created several forms w/CMSForce that are hosted on our force.com site which write to a custom object.

They were working beautifully for weeks -- but have unexplainably begun landing on the error page: "(site) is down for maintenance" upon clicking the Submit button.

The biggest clue is that I can successfully submit forms when previewing from the record in Sf.  But when I try to access via web -- the page loads fine BUT upon clicking Submit it neither runs validation rules (on req'd fields and email field) nor writes the data to Sf.  I simply land on the error page.

The only changes I made in the interim were setting up some new user profiles and some minor graphic tweaks to the forms themselves.

I've tried everything I can think of and am wit's end!

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be most grateful!

• July 23, 2010

I am having a problem with the <apex:composition> tag. I have created my Sites application in my development org and packaged the VF pages and Controller into a managed package.

When I install the package into the destination org, the only Site Template I'm able to use is the site template that I packaged with my app. I want to allow the user to create their own Site Template (unmanaged, in their org) and set this page as the Site Template.

To be perfectly clear, this is what I'm doing:

<apex:page>
    <apex:composition template="{!$Site.Template}">
        <apex:define name="body">

Blah blah blah

</apex:define>
    </apex:composition>
</apex:page>

And the template I package with my app:

<apex:page >
        <div class="content"><apex:insert name="body" /></div>
        <div class="footer">
            <apex:outputText value="Copyright 2009"/>

</div>
</apex:page>

When I deploy my package, if i configure my Site to use the template that I've packaged, everything works fine. But the moment I change the Site Template to point at a different template that didn't come with my package, I get a 404/File Not Found