• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey everybody,

I had programmed a donation controller that uses PaymentConnect to process donations from PayPal. Donations can be one-time or recurring, and when a donation is made, a corresponding payment object would be created. Recurring donations would create payment objects for each donation, and would increment a total donation amount under a 'Payment Profiles' object corresponding with the donor.

For some strange reason, my program stopped processing IPN's from PayPal recurring transactions. The code worked fine until 10/21, when suddenly all recurring payments stopped being created in Salesforce. The money is still being transferred to the PayPal account, and normal credit card transactions are still being processed, but payments from recurring transactions are not.

Even stranger still, I tested the program with a PayPal sandbox account, and the sandbox was able to send successful recurring payment IPN's. However, my program cannot register recurring IPN's from PayPal itself. Could this be an issue with PaymentConnect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to ask for clarification or for more information.

• February 15, 2013

Hey,

Whenever I upsert a contact, it is created with a corresponding account. For example, if I create 'Contact A', an account with name 'Contact A' will also be created, and will contain 'Contact A' as a contact. Is there any way to upsert only the contact without the account?

Thanks!

Hey,

I am currently designing a donation payment system where guest users upsert their information into SalesForce records when they make a donation. My program is designed so that new info would automatically update overlapping older records.

For example, my program compares records based on email. If a user makes a donation with a given email, the program scans the records for all contacts with that email. If there is no match, then the new contact is inserted. However, if there is a match, then the new contact overwrites the older contact with the updated information.

The problem is, guest users don't have edit permissions. As a result, if a user tries to donate with an older email, he wouldn't be able to as the program wouldn't allow him to edit the older contact record. How can I work my way around this?

I'm currently writing this in a sandbox, and I notice that the guest user is using up data space. Would this be any different in production?

Please feel free to ask for clarification or for copies of my code. Thanks!

RIght now, I'm programming a controller for a donation system that uses Payconnect and PayPal.

For testing purposes, I want to create a sample Payment Processor Connection object using 'new pymt__Processor_Connection__c'. However, I can't upsert the connection because a required PaymentConnect setup field (pymt__PaymentConnect_Setup__c) is missing. How am I supposed to properly create a new Payment Processor connection, if I can even create one at all?

I'm still new to APEX and the Developer Boards, so please feel tree to ask for any clarifications or for copies of my code.

Thanks!

Hey everybody,

I had programmed a donation controller that uses PaymentConnect to process donations from PayPal. Donations can be one-time or recurring, and when a donation is made, a corresponding payment object would be created. Recurring donations would create payment objects for each donation, and would increment a total donation amount under a 'Payment Profiles' object corresponding with the donor.

For some strange reason, my program stopped processing IPN's from PayPal recurring transactions. The code worked fine until 10/21, when suddenly all recurring payments stopped being created in Salesforce. The money is still being transferred to the PayPal account, and normal credit card transactions are still being processed, but payments from recurring transactions are not.

Even stranger still, I tested the program with a PayPal sandbox account, and the sandbox was able to send successful recurring payment IPN's. However, my program cannot register recurring IPN's from PayPal itself. Could this be an issue with PaymentConnect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to ask for clarification or for more information.

• February 15, 2013

Hey,

Whenever I upsert a contact, it is created with a corresponding account. For example, if I create 'Contact A', an account with name 'Contact A' will also be created, and will contain 'Contact A' as a contact. Is there any way to upsert only the contact without the account?

Thanks!

Hey,

I am currently designing a donation payment system where guest users upsert their information into SalesForce records when they make a donation. My program is designed so that new info would automatically update overlapping older records.

For example, my program compares records based on email. If a user makes a donation with a given email, the program scans the records for all contacts with that email. If there is no match, then the new contact is inserted. However, if there is a match, then the new contact overwrites the older contact with the updated information.

The problem is, guest users don't have edit permissions. As a result, if a user tries to donate with an older email, he wouldn't be able to as the program wouldn't allow him to edit the older contact record. How can I work my way around this?

I'm currently writing this in a sandbox, and I notice that the guest user is using up data space. Would this be any different in production?

Please feel free to ask for clarification or for copies of my code. Thanks!

RIght now, I'm programming a controller for a donation system that uses Payconnect and PayPal.

For testing purposes, I want to create a sample Payment Processor Connection object using 'new pymt__Processor_Connection__c'. However, I can't upsert the connection because a required PaymentConnect setup field (pymt__PaymentConnect_Setup__c) is missing. How am I supposed to properly create a new Payment Processor connection, if I can even create one at all?

I'm still new to APEX and the Developer Boards, so please feel tree to ask for any clarifications or for copies of my code.

Thanks!