• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am not able to install the Sales force mobile SDK from GIT hub, i tried to download the zip file and also run the install.vbs file, but it gives error as 'There was an error getting the status of the git repository: '' Make sure the 'git' executable is on your PATH variable.' I could not find the git executable in my folders.

Am not sure if i am missing something.

Can some suggest the steps to install the SDK as well as how to set the environment variables.

Please help,

Thanks in advance.

I have an object Job on which I have a trigger which has the code for the generation of the auto number according to the job number of the last created job. (increment value of the job number of the last created job). I am querying the last created job as follows:

[Select Id, Name,Job_Auto_Number__c,Job_Id__c from Job__c ORDER BY Created Date DESC LIMIT 1];

I have a VF page on which I am inserting 5 jobs in a list. Some times I am able to insert 5 jobs while some times I get the error 'System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: unknown duplicates value on record with id' .

What can be the reason for this error, If it is the same date and time why does it work some times?

How can I overcome this situation? What else can I use instead of created date?

Please help,

Thanks in advance.

I have a lookup field which i am displaying on the visual force page as an '<apex:selectlist/>'

Code is as below:

<apex:selectList id="CampName" value="{!CampaignName}" size="1" >
                  <apex:selectOptions value="{!Campaigns}"></apex:selectOptions>
 </apex:selectList>

In the apex class i am setting the values of the selectlist as below:

public List<selectOption> getCampaigns()
    {
        List<selectOption> optionList = new List<selectOption>();
        optionList.add(new selectOption('', '- None -'));  
        for (Campaign__c a : [SELECT Id, name FROM Campaign__c where Status__c='Active' order by Name])
        {  
            optionList.add(new selectOption(a.Id, a.Name));  
        }
        return optionList;  
    }

Now suppose i have the campaign name as query paramenter to this visual force page and if i retrieve it as follows:

String strQueryString = ApexPages.CurrentPage().getParameters().get('Campaign');

how will i set this value in the strQueryString to the 'CampName' list selected value?

For e.g: If the Parameter has value 'Test' and i have a value in the  'CampName' list as 'Test' how will i show this value 'Test' as set in the list when the page gets loaded?

If i create a post with an attachment and @Username in the post , i receive a mail of the notification at the email address of the @UserName, but i do not receive the attachments in the notification email. (Not the digest)

Can some one let me know the default behaviour i.e. do we get the attachments in the notification email. If not can we achieve this in some other manner?

I have a custom button on a visual force page. The Page is a part of the managed package and i am adding a custom button on the page layout for customisation in customer side. Now i want to execute a javascript on the click of the custom button so i can open a vf page. so i used :-

window.open('/apex/DuplicateScheduleTemplate?id={!JobSuite__Schedule_Template__c.Id}','_self');

The DuplicateScheduleTemplate page is not a part of the package and i have created at the client end.

I receive the following error.

URL No Longer Exists

You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com. 

Can some one please suggest some ways to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Sushma.

Hi,

I am working in a company, which has more than 50 centers / branches all over a country.

We want to maintain our Customer's data on cloud, so users in each branch can access data through web.

We are basically looking out for a loyalty program for our customers in which we can maintain customer history and provide offers, discounts etc.

How can we implement this with salesforce, and what are the things which I need to take care of (In term of Edition, licensing, Pricing)? Is it possible to do it using Sales force inbuilt Sales CRM? Is it possible to have only one user license which can be used throughout all branches? Is it suitable for handling large data? We are looking out for best option.

Thanks,
Sushma

I have a lookup field which i am displaying on the visual force page as an '<apex:selectlist/>'

Code is as below:

<apex:selectList id="CampName" value="{!CampaignName}" size="1" >
                  <apex:selectOptions value="{!Campaigns}"></apex:selectOptions>
 </apex:selectList>

In the apex class i am setting the values of the selectlist as below:

public List<selectOption> getCampaigns()
    {
        List<selectOption> optionList = new List<selectOption>();
        optionList.add(new selectOption('', '- None -'));  
        for (Campaign__c a : [SELECT Id, name FROM Campaign__c where Status__c='Active' order by Name])
        {  
            optionList.add(new selectOption(a.Id, a.Name));  
        }
        return optionList;  
    }

Now suppose i have the campaign name as query paramenter to this visual force page and if i retrieve it as follows:

String strQueryString = ApexPages.CurrentPage().getParameters().get('Campaign');

how will i set this value in the strQueryString to the 'CampName' list selected value?

For e.g: If the Parameter has value 'Test' and i have a value in the  'CampName' list as 'Test' how will i show this value 'Test' as set in the list when the page gets loaded?

I have a custom button on a visual force page. The Page is a part of the managed package and i am adding a custom button on the page layout for customisation in customer side. Now i want to execute a javascript on the click of the custom button so i can open a vf page. so i used :-

window.open('/apex/DuplicateScheduleTemplate?id={!JobSuite__Schedule_Template__c.Id}','_self');

The DuplicateScheduleTemplate page is not a part of the package and i have created at the client end.

I receive the following error.

URL No Longer Exists

You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com. 

Can some one please suggest some ways to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Sushma.

Does anyone know of any way for a developer to provide a managed visualforce page inside a managed package that customers can override with their own visualforce page layout and/or controller logic? The use case is we have an out of the box visualforce page in our managed package that users want to customize to add their own custom fields the as well as add some logic to the page that pre-populates some of the fields when it is loaded based on some logic. While this could easily be done with s-controls or unmanaged code, is there a way to do this using managed code?
  • May 14, 2010