• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have added a custom field called CommStatus on Opportunity, and have set the field level security to such that it is visible to all the profiles.  I am able to query the field using Force.explorer tool. and the field also shows up in the describeSObject(..) call but when I try to query the table using connection.query(soql) with the SOQL containing the custom field, I get the following error:

No such column 'CommStatus__c' on entity 'Opportunity'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.'

I am using PartnerAPI and have been stuck with this error for few hrs now.  Will appreciate your responses. 

Thanks

• August 02, 2012

Hi,

Is there any table that holds the picklist values by object name.  We need to import data from Salesforce into our product for which we are using combination of Partner API & SOQL. I would like to know if we can use SOQL to select the possible picklist values given an object name or object name & record type.

Thank you, for your responses.

Thanks

• July 25, 2012

Hi,

I am newbie to SF and per documentation it says that the queryResult returned by the query() call contains a max of 500 records(default).  If more records is needed then a queryMore() call needs to be made.  In my Java client I am not using queryMore() and making the following call where XXX is a number > 500 still fetches me the record.

queryResult.getRecords()[XXX]

How does it fetch me record where XXX is > 500. ?? Am i missing something here ??

Thanks for your responses.

• July 06, 2012

Hi,

I have added a custom field called CommStatus on Opportunity, and have set the field level security to such that it is visible to all the profiles.  I am able to query the field using Force.explorer tool. and the field also shows up in the describeSObject(..) call but when I try to query the table using connection.query(soql) with the SOQL containing the custom field, I get the following error:

No such column 'CommStatus__c' on entity 'Opportunity'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.'

I am using PartnerAPI and have been stuck with this error for few hrs now.  Will appreciate your responses. 

Thanks

• August 02, 2012