• -1 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

can we enable customer portal feature or do we need to contact salesforce people to enable it?

Please list out editions in which we can enable customer portal option.

is production org means customer portal?

HI ,

Sorry for all.

I might be asking some small doubts, because I did not understand the process how really salesforce will be used by customers.

I had knowledge in apex,visulaforce ,triggers,dataloader and integration.(using java,cast iron)

But Mainly i am confusing with below doubts.

1)we are doing development using sandboxes and data will be moved to production orgainization.

2)after moving data to production organization,how customers will use it?

3)I read salesforce and oracle integration using cast iron.here how it will be usefor customers and how they will access it?

4)Let us assume that i had created one resource recruiting app and how it can be used by customers(job applicants)

5)how betterly salesforce can be used in banking domain?

6)do we create another customer portal and we will move data from production org to customer portal?

7)we have applications like sales cloud,service cloud,how these will be used by customers?

8)let me tell how to integrate salesforce and sap system and this integration can be used by customers?

Regards,

Sudhakar 

Hi ,

Let us assume that your company purchased unlimited edition.

After purchasing it,how team will start using Salesforce.i.e what you will get when you purchase it from salesforce is it only username and password, with that your administror will login in to salesforce?

How your team(developers) will login into newly purchased salesforce?

How your customers and your team members  will use your sales cloud?

Here what i mean,once company purchases,what are the sequence tasks will be done your team and administrator to bring it live.

Please explain me these doubts.

Hi,

Can one please explain me how to integrate salesforce with Oracle ERP using Cast iron?

Hi All,

Let us assume that I had one picklist. I had written one method in controller to populate picklist values.

After poulating values and after submitting page,if I want to retrieve the user selected value from that picklist,how can i do it?

Please help me out.

Hi,

Let us assume that I subscribed to free edition trial version and I got username and password for me.

Again, I read that free trial version allows 100 users.What does it mean 100 users?you mean with single username(my username) and password(mypassword) ,100 users can be able to login? or do we need to create 100 usernames and passwords for 100 people?

Please clarify me as different editions will allow different number of people.

Regards

Sudhakar 

Hi,

Schma.sobject.Account.Fields.name    -- what does it return. Does it return token or fielddescribe

Regards,

Hi 

Is there anyone from chennai .I had so many doubts in sfdc.I will contact you to clear all my doubts.

Regards,

Sudhakar Reddy

Can I use Batch Apex to send bank statements to all customers for every month end?

How issues will be tracked in salesforce?

Hi All,

As per my understanding,I am thinking that standard controller will provide same functionality.so we have only one standardcontroller.is it correct or not?

HOw can we move data from stagin environment to production environment?

is production environment and production organization both are same?if not,please tell me clearly

Hi All,

For development  environment,  which sandbox needs to be used?

For testing environment,  which sandbox needs to be used?

For staging environment , which sandbox needs to be used?

For production environment,which sandbox needs to be used?

are u using limited development sandbox,limited staging sandbox,unlimited production sandbox?

Can you tell me what types of sandboxes are thee using?

Hi All,

can anyone explain how will you track issues in salesforces?

can we use any issue trackers tool like in web development?

As we know that we can have 25 look up fields and 2 master details relationships on objects.

My questions is why salesforce introduced these limits? can we increase these limits or removed these limitations?

Can any one explain with one small examples when to use trigger,workflow and Validations?

Why I am asking this questions is,same functionality can be achieved by using trigger,workflow and validation.So I got confusion.Please explain when to use Trigger ,workflow and Validations?

can any one please explain me how to use VLOOK_UP function() in real time sample example?

VLookup(field_to_return,field_on_lookup_object,lookup value).

Hi All,

Can any one please explain me how to calculate code coverage  calculations in Apex

HI ,

Sorry for all.

I might be asking some small doubts, because I did not understand the process how really salesforce will be used by customers.

I had knowledge in apex,visulaforce ,triggers,dataloader and integration.(using java,cast iron)

But Mainly i am confusing with below doubts.

1)we are doing development using sandboxes and data will be moved to production orgainization.

2)after moving data to production organization,how customers will use it?

3)I read salesforce and oracle integration using cast iron.here how it will be usefor customers and how they will access it?

4)Let us assume that i had created one resource recruiting app and how it can be used by customers(job applicants)

5)how betterly salesforce can be used in banking domain?

6)do we create another customer portal and we will move data from production org to customer portal?

7)we have applications like sales cloud,service cloud,how these will be used by customers?

8)let me tell how to integrate salesforce and sap system and this integration can be used by customers?

Regards,

Sudhakar 

Hi All,

Let us assume that I had one picklist. I had written one method in controller to populate picklist values.

After poulating values and after submitting page,if I want to retrieve the user selected value from that picklist,how can i do it?

Please help me out.

How issues will be tracked in salesforce?

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Test coverage in Salesforce.

If i run a test class individually the code coverage of the class and its related Triggers is different for the code coverage that i do by clicking on the "run all test" button in Salesforce.

Can anyone tell me what percentage should i actually consider???

Thanks in advance.

This SOQL query produces an internal error :

SELECT QuotaOwner.Name nom, SUM(QuotaAmount) montant FROM ForecastingQuota GROUP BY QuotaOwner.Name

Anyone know why ?

Rup

I am using renderas attribute for displaying records in PDF format  like below format but some records are  split  into 2 pages in pdf .Now I want to set  no.of records  5 to each PDF page .How can I do that. 

any one help me please..........

Mr.Andy {Young
1301 Hoch Drive
Lawrence AndhraPradesh 66045
USA
Phone: (785) 241-6200

Mr.vissu
1301 Hoch Drive
Lawrence AndhraPradesh 66045
USA
Phone: (785) 241-6200

Hi All,

As per my understanding,I am thinking that standard controller will provide same functionality.so we have only one standardcontroller.is it correct or not?

HOw can we move data from stagin environment to production environment?

is production environment and production organization both are same?if not,please tell me clearly

Hi All,

can anyone explain how will you track issues in salesforces?

can we use any issue trackers tool like in web development?

I am trying to access NetDocuments API from Salesforce. 
I am not sure how do we maintain session between successive calls to API.
Please let me know if you could help me out.
Thanks in advance.

Can any one explain with one small examples when to use trigger,workflow and Validations?

Why I am asking this questions is,same functionality can be achieved by using trigger,workflow and validation.So I got confusion.Please explain when to use Trigger ,workflow and Validations?

can any one please explain me how to use VLOOK_UP function() in real time sample example?

VLookup(field_to_return,field_on_lookup_object,lookup value).

Hi,

I have a workflow field update on Opportunity, which fires everytime a record is created/edited. It is working as expected for Standard Users, but not working for Patner Portal user. (when creating a opportunity as partner portal user).  Any idea ?.

Any help must be appreciated.

Thank in advance !

• July 24, 2012

Hi All,

Can any one please explain me how to calculate code coverage  calculations in Apex

As per my knowledge,we can develop new apex classes using Force.com IDE and in WebInterface.

And we will use Webservice API,Rest API to access salesforce org and to integrate it.

My question is here,can we write any apex class using WebService API or Rest API?

As per my knowledge,we use Force.com IDE to access Metadata from Saloesforce org.

Can we develop UI using force.com IDE?We can develop UI screens in WebInterface using VIsualforce.

What about using Forcce.com IDE?

Part of my validation rule looks like this:

VLOOKUP($User.Floor__c, $User.Username, Employee_Name__c)

User.Floor__c is a picklist field. When i check the syntax of this, i get:

Error: Field Floor__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.

Yet in the manual it clearly says for VLOOKUP:

The field_to_return must be an auto number, roll-up summary, lookup relationship, master-detail relationship, checkbox, date, date/time, email, number, percent, phone, picklist, text, text area, or URL field type.

What's the deal here? the field I'm wanting to return is a picklist... it should be returning that.... right??? What am I missing here?

Hi,
 I have a developer account and i would like to login to Sandbox (https://test.salesforce.com) but i am unable to login to test.salesforce.com

How can i login to the sandbox site?

Thank you.