• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, i could greatly use some pointers  here.  i need to do the following:

any time a new contact is  created i need to send 3 campaigns,  on day 1, day 90, and day 365.  Another catch is that contact indstry type drop down will determine which campaign to send. so the  campaign will be selected based on a) industry  type and b) number of days .

i would really appreciate any tips (high level outline of the steps) on how to impliment this.  I have been studying  time based triggers, sending campaigns with basic work flow, but have not been able to figure out  the steps to meet the  rules outlined above completely.  Originally i was told by my boss to  use the api and program against this to do the work, but to me that  just seems wrong.  Based on my little investigation so far, i'm betting that SF can  do this by itself  by configuring  work flow, time based tiggers, etc..

Thanks.

• September 06, 2012

Hello!  I'm hoping some folks here have had experience integrating Syteline with SalesForce.com.   I think a program would need to be in the middle, like Jitterbit, is that right? 

Any experiences setting this up (good or bad) would be great to hear about! 

Thanks, 

Keith 

Is it possible to make the ReplyTo for a VF email template be a variable like the below?

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Thank you for contacting Clearwater Systems"
    recipientType="Lead"
    relatedToType="Lead"
    replyTo="{!Lead.OwnerEmail}">

My goal is that, as the Admin, I may send emails on behalf of the Sales Team (as in follow-ups to a conference or something) and we want this to be transparent to the receivers.  We want the "reply to" email address to be the Lead Owner (i.e. the Sales Person) and not me, some unknown person.  This way when people reply, it will go to the right person instead of me.

Thanks,

K

I am trying to create a VF email template that will be sent based off a date field on a custom object (Service_Plans__C_).  In the subject line, I'm trying to get it to display the name of the Opportunity that's related to the Service Plan.. but it displays the Opportunity ID, not the text name.

What should I use in place of {!relatedTo.Opportunity__c} to get the text name and not the ID? 

Service Plans is Master-Detail(Opportunity) if that matters.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Notification - Service Plan, {!relatedTo.Name}, for {!relatedTo.Opportunity__c} expires on {!relatedTo.Service_Plan_End_Date__c}" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Service_Plans__c">

Thanks!

K

I am trying to create a VF email template that will populate with info from both Opportunity (the standard object) and Service_Plans__c (a related custom object), but I can't quite seem to figure it out.  I've read through several similair threads and am just not getting how this is supposed to be done.

The actual code I'm trying to use (which I'm sure is all mixed up since I've been toying with it) is below. 

Basically:  I want to be able to reference the name of the Opportunity and the Service_Contract_End_Date__c that's part of the custom object. 

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Notification - Service Plan for {!relatedTo.Name} expires on {!Service_Plans__r.Service_Plan_End_Date__c}" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Opportunity">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
    <html>
        <style type="text/css"> 
            body, table {
                font-family: "Arial";
                font-size: 12px;
            }       
        </style>

<body>

<p>{!recipient.Name},</p>

<p>
                The Serice Plan for {!RelatedTo.Opportunity.Name} expires on {!relatedTo.Service_Plan_End_Date__c}.<br />

</p>

<p>
                You can access the Opportunity in Salesforce.com to view additional information by clicking the link below:<br />
                <a href="https://na2.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo}">https://na2.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo}</a>
            </p>

</body>
    </html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Thanks,

Keith

We are looking to replace our ERP and Syteline seems to be a good fit, but hesitant about the integration with Salesforce.com? 

Is it possible to make the ReplyTo for a VF email template be a variable like the below?

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Thank you for contacting Clearwater Systems"
    recipientType="Lead"
    relatedToType="Lead"
    replyTo="{!Lead.OwnerEmail}">

My goal is that, as the Admin, I may send emails on behalf of the Sales Team (as in follow-ups to a conference or something) and we want this to be transparent to the receivers.  We want the "reply to" email address to be the Lead Owner (i.e. the Sales Person) and not me, some unknown person.  This way when people reply, it will go to the right person instead of me.

Thanks,

K

Hello, i could greatly use some pointers  here.  i need to do the following:

any time a new contact is  created i need to send 3 campaigns,  on day 1, day 90, and day 365.  Another catch is that contact indstry type drop down will determine which campaign to send. so the  campaign will be selected based on a) industry  type and b) number of days .

i would really appreciate any tips (high level outline of the steps) on how to impliment this.  I have been studying  time based triggers, sending campaigns with basic work flow, but have not been able to figure out  the steps to meet the  rules outlined above completely.  Originally i was told by my boss to  use the api and program against this to do the work, but to me that  just seems wrong.  Based on my little investigation so far, i'm betting that SF can  do this by itself  by configuring  work flow, time based tiggers, etc..

Thanks.

• September 06, 2012

I am trying to create a VF email template that will be sent based off a date field on a custom object (Service_Plans__C_).  In the subject line, I'm trying to get it to display the name of the Opportunity that's related to the Service Plan.. but it displays the Opportunity ID, not the text name.

What should I use in place of {!relatedTo.Opportunity__c} to get the text name and not the ID? 

Service Plans is Master-Detail(Opportunity) if that matters.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Notification - Service Plan, {!relatedTo.Name}, for {!relatedTo.Opportunity__c} expires on {!relatedTo.Service_Plan_End_Date__c}" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Service_Plans__c">

Thanks!

K