• Heller Consulting

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,
I have External Sharing Model enabled so that all Accounts and Contacts are editable by internal users and private for external users.  So Accounts are set to Public Read/Write for the Default Internal Access and set to Private for the Default External Access.  Contacts are set to Controlled by Parent for both Default Internal and External Access.

I want to make specific Accounts and Contacts editable for some external users based on criteria.  I am attempting to insert a ContactShare record, but I receive the error:
Field is not writeable: ContactShare.ContactId
Research suggests that this error is expected if the default sharing settings are set to a level that is equal to or more accessible than the level you are attempting to set with your ContactShare record. (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008yIBIAY)

It seems to me that I should be able to insert this ContactShare record since my Default External Access is set to Private for Accounts and Contacts, but that I am getting the error because my Default Internal Access is set to Public Read/Write. 

Does anyone have any insight into how I might be able to use Apex Managed Sharing in this way (in conjunction with an External Sharing Model)?

I'm hoping to leverage the External Sharing Model and avoid have to set all Account and Contacts to Private both internally and externally and use a Public Group to assign access programmatically for both types of users.  

Hi,

Curently doing the App Development with Salesforce DX / Convert and Deploy an Existing App.

I have the following error when performing the final deployment task :

Error  mdapioutput/applications/DreamInvest.app        DreamInvest    In field: tab - no CustomTab named Fund_Explorer found
Error  mdapioutput/flexipages/Fund_Explorer.flexipage  Fund_Explorer  You must have My Domain deployed to use component c:FundTileList.
Error  mdapioutput/tabs/Fund_Explorer.tab              Fund_Explorer  In field: flexiPage - no FlexiPage named Fund_Explorer found

Do you know why ?

Regards,
Erwan

Hi All,
I have External Sharing Model enabled so that all Accounts and Contacts are editable by internal users and private for external users.  So Accounts are set to Public Read/Write for the Default Internal Access and set to Private for the Default External Access.  Contacts are set to Controlled by Parent for both Default Internal and External Access.

I want to make specific Accounts and Contacts editable for some external users based on criteria.  I am attempting to insert a ContactShare record, but I receive the error:
Field is not writeable: ContactShare.ContactId
Research suggests that this error is expected if the default sharing settings are set to a level that is equal to or more accessible than the level you are attempting to set with your ContactShare record. (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008yIBIAY)

It seems to me that I should be able to insert this ContactShare record since my Default External Access is set to Private for Accounts and Contacts, but that I am getting the error because my Default Internal Access is set to Public Read/Write. 

Does anyone have any insight into how I might be able to use Apex Managed Sharing in this way (in conjunction with an External Sharing Model)?

I'm hoping to leverage the External Sharing Model and avoid have to set all Account and Contacts to Private both internally and externally and use a Public Group to assign access programmatically for both types of users.