• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've run into a very strange error trying to deploy a Change Set into Production today.

I uploaded a Change Set around 2pm Eastern and that deployed fine, though I had a Deployment Error. I made a small change in the Sandbox and re-uploaded the Change Set into Production. Now when I try to open the Change Set in Production I get the following error message.

"The AppExchange Application or component you have selected is not yet available on your instance of salesforce.com. Please check back in a few days to retry the installation. Press the back button of your browser now and bookmark the AppExchange Directory page so that you can find it later."

This really makes no sense. Why would the Change Set I uploaded a few hours ago "work" and the new one not work? Plus, why does the error message talk about the "AppExchange"? The absolute worst part is checking back in a few days. At this point, I'm half way through a major deployment and unable to continue.

I've tried to install the Force.com IDE on my Windows 7 32-bit laptop.  I have other eclipse-based IDEs installed and working fine on this machine.

After the install, the installer launches the IDE, but the window is titled "Eclipse Provisioning" and the install seems incomplete.  The Window menu just has a Preferences option, so I cannot switch to the Force.com Perspective.  The bottom of the window includes tabs for "Apex Test Runner" and "Execute Anonymous" that look like they're Force.com related, but I can't seem to do much else.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

-Tom