• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I created an output document which renders as PDF, when the user is trying to save the output document, by default it gives the file name as VisualForce Page Name in the Save Window. But the user needs the current date/time to be populated as the file name in the Save Window before clicking on Save. How to acheive it? 

I can attach the output document to the Attachments of the object with desired file name but that doesn't solve the requirement. Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

IN my visual force i have one selectedlist..i am trying to connect that list to apex...how can i connect by using custom controller..

i am giving some information

MY DETAILS::

sOBJECT NAME : BOOK__C

FILEDS NAME:  TEXT: AUTHOR,

CURRENCY: PRICE

PICKLIST: APEX,SAP,JAVA,C..

I WANT TO CONNECT THIS ALL DATA TO sOBJECT THROUGH MY VISUALFORCE...
I AM USING CUSTOMCONTROLLER APEX

HOW CAN I CONNECT VF--->>APEX----DATAMAODEL...THIS VALUES PLZ HELP ME THE CODE...PLZ....

I've been doing some work creating content in Visualforce that is rendered/opened in different formats (PDF, csv, excel etc). The few ways I have found to force rendering or download of the Visualforce page onload is to renderAs="PDF" or setting contenttype="text/csv" etc. The issue is during the load of the page, the page itself is saved using the naming convention of the Visualforce page, meaning you cannot specify the necessary extension. 

I was wondering if anyone had a workaround or any ideas to force the save of the page to a dynamic name and specify a file extension (for instance force a Visualforce page named Report with contenttype="application/csv" save as {dynamicname}.csv). 

My temporary work-around is having the file emailed as an attachment, as you can specify name of attachment and file extension dynamically in Visualforce templates. I would prefer the option to directly download rather then use this work-around. Anyone have any ideas?