• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All

Below is the code,

<apex:repeat value="{!listASPSubCategories}" var="oneSubCategory" id="aspSubCategoriesShipment">
<tr>
<td style="white-space: nowrap; width:9%;">

<apex:outputField value="{!oneSubCategory.Material_Sub_Category__r.Name}" id="nameShipment" />

</td>
<apex:repeat value="{!oneSubCategory.ASP_Item_Volume__r}" var="oneASPItemVolforSubCatg" id="aspSubCategoriesShipment">
<td class="customTableNumberCell" style="width:7%;">

<apex:inputField  styleClass="tableNumberTextField" value="{!oneASPItemVolforSubCatg.Volume_Forecast__c}" id="aspItemVolforSubCatgShipment"  style="text-align: right !important;padding-left: 2px !important;padding-right: 2px !important; width:90%;" rendered="{!visibleCurrentSupplyPlan}"/><

/td>
<!--<td class="customTableNumberCell" style="width:7%;">

<apex:inputText styleClass="tableNumberTextField" value="{!oneASPItemVolforSubCatg.Volume_Forecast__c}" id="aspItemVolforSubCatgShipment"  style="text-align: right !important;padding-left: 2px !important;padding-right: 2px !important; width:90%;" disabled="{!visibleCurrentSupplyPlan}"  />

</td> -->                            
</apex:repeat>
<td class="customTableNumberCell" style="width:7%;">

<apex:outputField styleClass="tableNumberTextField" value="{!oneSubCategory.Total_Volume_Forecast__c}" id="aspSubCatgTotalShipment" />

</td>
</tr>
</apex:repeat>

I am facing issue in <apex:Inputfield>, if I am giving the render= true, it is not at all displaying the data. Actually I don't want to edit the data, I just want to view the data in <apex:Inputfield> and I also tried using <apex:Input text> disable attribute, it is showing the numbers with decimal point i.e..(123.0) I don't want to see the .0 value into the field.

This above is for Edit page, if "status=complete" have to make this table to be readonly.

Please help!

• September 28, 2011

Can anybody tell me why this is the case, or is it just a compiler bug?

This line fails during compile with the error

<apex:column headerValue="XXX" value="{!if(rel.Child__c==null,'Contact','Child')}"/>

Save error: Syntax error.  Missing ')'.

(rel.child__c is a valid object, valid field, etc. that's not the problem.  )

If I change rel.child__c to a constant value, it compiles correctly.  (albeit it's sort of a meaningless thing to do)

If I leave rel.child__c in place and remove the header_value='XXX', it compiles correctly.

Lastly, if I change the line to:

<apex:column headerValue="XXX" value="{!if(rel.Child__c==null,'Contact','Child')}PEANUTS"/>

it compiles correctly.  It doesn't have to be "PEANUTS", adding anything, even a space let's it compile.

Clearly there's something wrong.  And, regardless, it's a really bad error message.   I'd file a bug but I wonder if someone has a logical explanation like it does something when evaluating the Value that's different depending on if it's within a formula or without, etc.  Strange.

Best, Steve.

Has anyone found a way to look up a field other then "Name" on a custom object?

thanks,

Jon