• Salesforce MVP
  • automationchampion.com

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Please help me  to create a validation rule for this task. Does this task can be done without tiggers , or the only way is to write tigger for this task."
When a new lead is created, check if there is an Account record that already exists (based on the company name)
if the account exists, then check the box for the field called "active lead" in the Accounts object"

Thanks

Hi

Is it possible to stop a user from updating/deleting a record when a certain checkbox is true?

For example i have field approved. if the field is false, user can edit that record but if its true they cant?

Probably have to use a trigger and see if approved field is false then allow update and true not but i cant put it in code?

thanks

Uves

I'm doing the simple Sales Reports for Lightning Experience challenge and have hit this problem in my existing trailhead org and a new winter'17 pre-release dev org

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: SBUBEKMC

Hi Friends,

I want to appear in sales cloud certification exam.

Can you please share me your experience and from where i got study material.

thanks

Please help me  to create a validation rule for this task. Does this task can be done without tiggers , or the only way is to write tigger for this task."
When a new lead is created, check if there is an Account record that already exists (based on the company name)
if the account exists, then check the box for the field called "active lead" in the Accounts object"

Thanks
I can't find the option to "Add New Domain" under Domain Management in DE Org. I have another DE org where I can...but the Setup looks different in that DE org.

What could I be missing? I have all the perms turned on listed here: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=domain_mgmt_add.htm&language=en_US

and am using the System Admin profile. Thanks for help!
Hi,

If i dont wrire With sharing and without sharing in fornt of calss. what is the default for class?

Regards,
Anil
How To Fetch Records Using DataLoader?

Hi,

I have to display different page layouts for different users.  So i have created two page layouts and two profiles.

And i have mapped pagelayout with profile.

Now i want to assign profile to a queue.   My requirement is when a user  who is queue logined to sales force he has to separate page layout, other users who are in dffierent queue has to see an other page layout.

How can i do that. Please suggest me.

-Arjun

We have a custom application that we've built in a Developer account, and we'd like to deploy it to our production Salesforce instance. We recently tried to do this using the Force.com IDE's deployment tool, but it failed, because a unit test for a different plugin (Inline Account Hierarchy) failed, bringing our overall code coverage down to 68%.

Specifically, the message returned when the assertion fails is: "Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Accounts and try again." Again, this is returned by Inline Account Hierarchy, NOT our application.

We're unaware of any custom validation rules, but where can we look to confirm that we do or do not have any?

Please advise as to what the best course of action is here. We're heavily reliant on the Inline Account Hierarchy functionality, but we also need our own app (which has 98% coverage) to be deployed as soon as possible.

• January 03, 2013

Hi all does anyone know how i can select all opportunities that havent been shared via salesforce to salesforce? I've got the following

Select o.RecordType.Name, o.RecordTypeId, o.Name, o.Id, o.ConnectionReceivedId From Opportunity o where o.RecordType.Name = 'MCS' and o.ConnectionReceivedId = null

I thought it was ConnectionReceivedId but when i share an opp that this query pulls back it still shows when i re-run the query.

Thanks

How can i make salesforce to send an alert when a new profile gets added to my organization.

• December 12, 2012

We've been scratching our heads on this one and thought we'd put it out to the community for a little help.

API Name

Type

Line

Column

Problem

DevAccountDocs

Apex Class

Invalid type: DevDocs

DevAccountDocs

Visualforce Page

Apex class 'DevAccountDocs' does not exist

DevDocs is a public abstract class which doesn't have any test coverage data. (Do we need to figure out how to test the abstract? The class is validated.)

DevAccountDocs is a sharing class extending DevDocs with 100% coverage. 

All of the fields are in the package. The problem message is a bit light to tell us exactly what we're missing. Has anyone else run into this problem.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Hi Friends,

I want to appear in sales cloud certification exam.

Can you please share me your experience and from where i got study material.

thanks

13) Will two different users get the same search results on searching for a common keyword?

a.Yes

b.No

Please explain me why the answer in this question is b. NO

Thanks in advance

Hi

Is it possible to stop a user from updating/deleting a record when a certain checkbox is true?

For example i have field approved. if the field is false, user can edit that record but if its true they cant?

Probably have to use a trigger and see if approved field is false then allow update and true not but i cant put it in code?

thanks

Uves