• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

There is a PDF stored on the quote object, we have access to it via a blob object on the quote. We wanted to check if there was some special sauce to extracting the blob?

Simply decoding it (base64decode) and saving it to disk, doesnt come out as a PDF, so was wondering if there was some special handling around serializing a blob to a PDF

I am directly getting the Blob contents from Document field value of QuoteDocument object. This is base64encoded contents. and sending to Docusign REST API call for attaching PDF document to envelope but in response i am getting exception saying "The file header %PDF cannot be found. Must appear somewhere within the first 1024 bytes of the file". Do i need to convert this encoding before sending or am i missing something here?

• December 20, 2012

There is a PDF stored on the quote object, we have access to it via a blob object on the quote. We wanted to check if there was some special sauce to extracting the blob?

Simply decoding it (base64decode) and saving it to disk, doesnt come out as a PDF, so was wondering if there was some special handling around serializing a blob to a PDF

I am directly getting the Blob contents from Document field value of QuoteDocument object. This is base64encoded contents. and sending to Docusign REST API call for attaching PDF document to envelope but in response i am getting exception saying "The file header %PDF cannot be found. Must appear somewhere within the first 1024 bytes of the file". Do i need to convert this encoding before sending or am i missing something here?

• December 20, 2012

I have created a Dashboard and 3 reports on Sandbox box1. All 3 reports are included in Dashboard and are placed in folder1 and Dashboard is plaved in Folder2. Now to deplo this on another sandbox box2, i have created changest on box1 with following comoponents -

1. Folder1

2. Folder2

3. Dashboard

4. 3 Reports

Push this changeset on box2 but dashboard is not deployed propely on box2, When i run Dashboard then it only showing 1 report instead of 3 reports. As far as permissions are concerened i have given public access to both folder1 and folder2. any othe permission required? Any idea?

• December 11, 2012

I have multicurrency enabled org, now having a validation rule on opportunity products as

Unit_Discount__c  >   (PricebookEntry.UnitPrice *  Quantity )

Here Unit discount is flat discount NOT in %.

It works properly when my opportunity currency is USD. But when my opportunity currency is set to MXN then it fails because validation rule checks unit discount against the USD price NOT against MXN price. Here the currency of logged in user is USD but currency on opportunity is set to MXN.

For example -

Test_Product have 2 pricebook entries - one for USD and one for MXN as prices USD 199 and MXN 2095

now if i give unit discount as 200 on opportunity product this validation rule fails but the price is still lesser to MXN price. 

Please let me know how this case can be handled? urgent!!

• September 25, 2012
hi,
one checkbox is on my vf when this checkbox enable then related incident must be changed there status
plz can you me the solution ,how to assign status to this checkbox

I have created a Dashboard and 3 reports on Sandbox box1. All 3 reports are included in Dashboard and are placed in folder1 and Dashboard is plaved in Folder2. Now to deplo this on another sandbox box2, i have created changest on box1 with following comoponents -

1. Folder1

2. Folder2

3. Dashboard

4. 3 Reports

Push this changeset on box2 but dashboard is not deployed propely on box2, When i run Dashboard then it only showing 1 report instead of 3 reports. As far as permissions are concerened i have given public access to both folder1 and folder2. any othe permission required? Any idea?

• December 11, 2012

Hi,

We have an Apex Component(has one Controller attached to it) included in the Visualforce page. We want to get it refreshed when one User lookup is populated on the Visualforce Page. Please suggest if there is a way to accomplish this.

We had tried page reload. But that leads to Data being blanked out on the page. Is there any clean way to do it?