• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
the following Apex code shows how an account and a contact can be associated with one another, and then how the contact can be used to modify a field on the account: Account a = new Account(Name = 'Acme'); insert a; // Inserting the record automatically assigns a // value to its ID field Contact c = new Contact(LastName = 'Weissman'); c.AccountId = a.Id; // The new contact now points at the new account insert c; // A SOQL query accesses data for the inserted contact, // including a populated c.account field c = [SELECT Account.Name FROM Contact WHERE Id = :c.Id]; // Now fields in both records can be changed through the contact c.Account.Name = 'salesforce.com'; c.LastName = 'Roth'; // To update the database, the two types of records must be // updated separately update c; // This only changes the contact's last name update c.Account; // This updates the account name The question is how to implement this code.i am trying to implement this in trigger class but iam not able to do so.tell me where to write this code and how to execute.
the following Apex code shows how an account and a contact can be associated with one another, and then how the contact can be used to modify a field on the account: Account a = new Account(Name = 'Acme'); insert a; // Inserting the record automatically assigns a // value to its ID field Contact c = new Contact(LastName = 'Weissman'); c.AccountId = a.Id; // The new contact now points at the new account insert c; // A SOQL query accesses data for the inserted contact, // including a populated c.account field c = [SELECT Account.Name FROM Contact WHERE Id = :c.Id]; // Now fields in both records can be changed through the contact c.Account.Name = 'salesforce.com'; c.LastName = 'Roth'; // To update the database, the two types of records must be // updated separately update c; // This only changes the contact's last name update c.Account; // This updates the account name The question is how to implement this code.i am trying to implement this in trigger class but iam not able to do so.tell me where to write this code and how to execute.