• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have permissions set so that Sales users can Create, but not Modify Cases.  This way they can create new cases on behalf of their customers, but cannot change owner/status or make any other Service impacting changes once the case is in flight.

We have a Flow that can be executed from the case to request a Failure Analysis.  That VWF modifies 4 fields on the case, but since Sales users do not have permission to modify the entire case object, an exception occurs when they try to complete the VWF.  Can I execute the record update set under a different user context so that the changes can be saved?

We have 2 Quote Record Types (Draft and Approved).  In the Draft layout, the Create PDF and Email buttons are removed.  We do not want users to create a PDF (whether SF lets you e-mail it or not) until the quote is approved.  We have an approval process that changes the record type to Approved (which exposes the Create PDF and Email) buttons.  However, we are seeing users say that they are receiving 'Insufficient Priveleges' message for this.  I suspect that this is because the approval process locks the quote (once approved, the user shouldn't be able to change anything).

So how can we enable the ability to create a PDF from a locked quote?

I have created a Dynamic Choice in my VWF that queries Users that match a RoleId (looked up previously).  This works and I can see the users in the dropdown list.  The problem is that whenever I try to adjust the settings of the dynamic choice to sort the Users (doesn't matter which field I try to sort by) I receive an error:

Error: Correct the invalid field entries.

No fields are highlighted in red (which is normal behavior when you get this error).  The only thing that allows me to save at this point is to deselect the checkbox  for "Sort results by:".

Is this a bug or if not why can't I sort these records?

Crossposting from Visual Workflow for greater visibility:

I have created 2 VFPs to house 2 different visual workflows and instead of refreshing the entire page on each 'Next', I have used rerender to update just the flow's output panel.  What I'm struggling with is that on Finish, I want the to reload the source record (a Case), but since it wants to rerender in the output panel, I receive an error that "This content cannot be displayed in a frame.".  How can I get it to rerender the frame during the flow, but reload the entire page after the flow (instead of the flow looping back to the beginning.

<apex:page standardController="Case" title="Create Data Migration Child Case">
<style type="text/css">
        body {
            background: #C2D3FF;
            margin: 20px;
        }

p.FlowTitle {
            font-size:25px;
            font-weight: bold;
            text-align: left;
            margin: 15px;
        } 

.FlowContainer {
            line-height: 150%;
            margin-left: 20px;
            margin-top: 0px;
            padding: 10px 10px;
            width: 800px;
            background-color: #EEF6FF;
            }

body .bPageBlock  .pbBottomButtons {
            background: #6B7C8E;
        }

body .bPageBlock .pbBody {
        }
</style>

<apex:pageBlock title="Create Data Migration Child Case">
    <apex:pageBlockSection title="Case Information">
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.casenumber}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.account.name}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.asset.name}"/>
        <apex:outputField label="Contact Name" value="{!case.contact.name}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.subject}"/>
        <apex:outputField label="Case Owner" value="{!case.owner.name}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.Severity__c}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.status}"/>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>
    <apex:pageBlockSection title="Data Migration Child Case Wizard">
        <apex:outputPanel id="FlowPanel">
            <flow:interview name="DataMigrationCreateChildCase" buttonLocation="bottom" rerender="FlowPanel" finishLocation="{!URLFOR('/{!case.id}')}">
                <apex:param name="varUserID" value="{!$User.Id}"/>
                <apex:param name="varCaseID" value="{!Case.Id}"/>
            </flow:interview>
        </apex:outputPanel>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

I have created 2 VFPs to house 2 different visual workflows and instead of refreshing the entire page on each 'Next', I have used rerender to update just the flow's output panel.  What I'm struggling with is that on Finish, I want the to reload the source record (a Case), but since it wants to rerender in the output panel, I receive an error that "This content cannot be displayed in a frame.".  How can I get it to rerender the frame during the flow, but reload the entire page after the flow (instead of the flow looping back to the beginning.

<apex:page standardController="Case" title="Create Data Migration Child Case">
<style type="text/css">
        body {
            background: #C2D3FF;
            margin: 20px;
        }

p.FlowTitle {
            font-size:25px;
            font-weight: bold;
            text-align: left;
            margin: 15px;
        } 

.FlowContainer {
            line-height: 150%;
            margin-left: 20px;
            margin-top: 0px;
            padding: 10px 10px;
            width: 800px;
            background-color: #EEF6FF;
            }

body .bPageBlock  .pbBottomButtons {
            background: #6B7C8E;
        }

body .bPageBlock .pbBody {
        }
</style>

<apex:pageBlock title="Create Data Migration Child Case">
    <apex:pageBlockSection title="Case Information">
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.casenumber}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.account.name}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.asset.name}"/>
        <apex:outputField label="Contact Name" value="{!case.contact.name}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.subject}"/>
        <apex:outputField label="Case Owner" value="{!case.owner.name}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.Severity__c}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.status}"/>
    <apex:pageBlockSection title="Data Migration Child Case Wizard">
        <apex:outputPanel id="FlowPanel">
            <flow:interview name="DataMigrationCreateChildCase" buttonLocation="bottom" rerender="FlowPanel" finishLocation="{!URLFOR('/{!case.id}')}">
                <apex:param name="varUserID" value="{!$User.Id}"/>
                <apex:param name="varCaseID" value="{!Case.Id}"/>
            </flow:interview>
        </apex:outputPanel>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

We have 2 Quote Record Types (Draft and Approved).  In the Draft layout, the Create PDF and Email buttons are removed.  We do not want users to create a PDF (whether SF lets you e-mail it or not) until the quote is approved.  We have an approval process that changes the record type to Approved (which exposes the Create PDF and Email) buttons.  However, we are seeing users say that they are receiving 'Insufficient Priveleges' message for this.  I suspect that this is because the approval process locks the quote (once approved, the user shouldn't be able to change anything).

So how can we enable the ability to create a PDF from a locked quote?

I have created a Dynamic Choice in my VWF that queries Users that match a RoleId (looked up previously).  This works and I can see the users in the dropdown list.  The problem is that whenever I try to adjust the settings of the dynamic choice to sort the Users (doesn't matter which field I try to sort by) I receive an error:

Error: Correct the invalid field entries.

No fields are highlighted in red (which is normal behavior when you get this error).  The only thing that allows me to save at this point is to deselect the checkbox  for "Sort results by:".

Is this a bug or if not why can't I sort these records?

I am creating a VWF that I want to record the answers from the user after each step.  I have a variable called varLogText and I can do an Assignment step after each Screen, but I haven't found a way to insert a carriage return so that each time I add some text it would get formatted on a seperate line.  Ultimately, the varLogText variable becomes a Case Comment containing the log of what the user selected.