• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a search field exposed on our public site.
apex:page > <form action="/search/SmartSearch" method="get"> <input id="phSearchInput" type="text" name="str"/> <input type="submit" value="Search"/> </form> </apex:page>

It's returning results to users logged in, however for public users it results in an error page.

I'm not sure what I need to add to make the results show up for visitors to our public site.

This is for non-authenticated, non-Community access.

I'm looking for some advice on how I can create a capability for a custom object which would allow for uploading multiple files via feed. Currently, the only area of Force wherein files can be batch uploaded is the Files home page.

Thank you in advance. User-added image

I am endeavoring to create a process for adding images to a record.

I want to give the User the opportunity to add four png files to a record and have the images displayed in formula fields.

What's different about this?

Answer: I want the images to be added with the least number of clicks.

What is my approach? In theory I'm hoping to do it this way:
  1.     I would like to have four quick links on the record layout. (See #1 in the image below.)
  2. Each quick link will correspond to one of the image text fields and when a quick link is clicked, the attachment window opens.
  3. The attachment, when added via the quick link will populate the Image text field with the attachment ID.
  4. The Image formula field (indicated by #3) will then display the image.

User-added image
So.... Is it possible to grab in a formula field a record I'd if I am successfully identifying the created date?

This involves two custom objects and the end dates of Contracts entered into the system. The purpose is to have the most currently specified end date reflected in the Contracts field. That end date might be stipulated in an amendment to the Contract. There can be multiple amendments for each Contract. 

The two objects are:

• Contracts (Master) (this is a custom object, not the CRM standard object)
  • Amendments (Children)

Relevant fields:

Amendment: End_date

Contracts: Current_end_date (this is a fornula field drawn from the End_Date of the most recently created Amendment. This End Date might not be MAX rollup summary -- it might be EARLIER than end date of a previous Amendment. 

Looking either for a formula field or a workflow field update solution.

Thanks in advance.

Would appreciate advice on how to add a "NEW" button to a custom lookup window. Thanks for any assistance/guidance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm a beginner VisualForce user. On my front burner is the challenge of customizing my New Event "Related To" field -- I need to remove some of the Drop Down options and default to a custom object, as show in the picture. Would greatly appreciate help pointing me toward a solution.

I'm a beginner VisualForce user. On my front burner is the challenge of customizing my New Event "Related To" field -- I need to remove some of the Drop Down options and default to a custom object, as show in the picture. Would greatly appreciate help pointing me toward a solution.

Thanks in advance.

I am endeavoring to create a process for adding images to a record.

I want to give the User the opportunity to add four png files to a record and have the images displayed in formula fields.

What's different about this?

Answer: I want the images to be added with the least number of clicks.

What is my approach? In theory I'm hoping to do it this way:
  1.     I would like to have four quick links on the record layout. (See #1 in the image below.)
  2. Each quick link will correspond to one of the image text fields and when a quick link is clicked, the attachment window opens.
  3. The attachment, when added via the quick link will populate the Image text field with the attachment ID.
  4. The Image formula field (indicated by #3) will then display the image.

User-added image

This involves two custom objects and the end dates of Contracts entered into the system. The purpose is to have the most currently specified end date reflected in the Contracts field. That end date might be stipulated in an amendment to the Contract. There can be multiple amendments for each Contract. 

The two objects are:

• Contracts (Master) (this is a custom object, not the CRM standard object)
  • Amendments (Children)

Relevant fields:

Amendment: End_date

Contracts: Current_end_date (this is a fornula field drawn from the End_Date of the most recently created Amendment. This End Date might not be MAX rollup summary -- it might be EARLIER than end date of a previous Amendment. 

Looking either for a formula field or a workflow field update solution.

Thanks in advance.