• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

In the SFDC docs they have shown an example of retrieving metadata using the enterprise wsdl.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/index_Left.htm#CSHID=file_based.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Ffile_based.htm|SkinName=webhelp

Can we use partner wsdl for the same? I tried to refactor the code to use partner wsdl but certain references don't work at all. E.g. the package class 

Has anyone done this using Partner wsdl?

Thanks

Hi

I have developed a Java application that reads data from salesforce and stores it in Oracle. Now I also need to read all security (data access) related information associated with the data. While reading the docs I found that I would need to replicate the Profile, permission sets and Share objects.

Replicating share objects seems very difficult as they could run into millions. (my data size is around 500,000)

Is there an easier way to replicate security instead of the above.

Thanks

Hi

I have developed a Java application that reads data from salesforce and stores it in Oracle. Now I also need to read all security (data access) related information associated with the data. While reading the docs I found that I would need to replicate the Profile, permission sets and Share objects.

Replicating share objects seems very difficult as they could run into millions. (my data size is around 500,000)

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone point what are the limits around no of records that can be read when we use the following 2 calls

1. retrieve()

2. query()/queryMore()

Also does queryMore() cause a new API request?

I checked the docs but could not find a definitive answer.

Thanks

Hi

Is there any way to acces the OWD for each object via the SOAP/Metadata API? I have developed a java program that gets the profiles, permission sets but need access to OWD too for replicating security.

Any pointers would be very helpful?

Thanks

-RP

Hi

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone point what are the limits around no of records that can be read when we use the following 2 calls

1. retrieve()

2. query()/queryMore()

Also does queryMore() cause a new API request?

I checked the docs but could not find a definitive answer.

Thanks

Hi,

There is this new feature of Feed poll in chatter now. I need to access where the FeedItem choices for the poll post stored and also where are the votes (if anyone casts the same) are stored. Can anyone help me out as i could not figure out in the chatter Data model for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hi,

I associated two permission set to user,but when i  query on permissionsetAssignment Object,and tried to get permissionset associated with that user it gives me three records ,while it should show only two.

any help appreciated. 

• August 09, 2012