• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a custom object with a custom "Create New Case" button on it. When a user clicks the "Create New Case" button, the user is taken to a Record Type screen. The user then needs to select a Record Type, click next and then the case fields are populated with specific information from the custom object.

For 98% of the custom objects, this works, however we have run into problems where the wrong record type is populated in the new case even though the correct record type was selected. 

In our Sandbox, we were having a lot of trouble recreating the problem. No matter what we did, everything worked properly, until I created an Account with an "&" in the name. For example, I created an account called WesCooper & Sons Inc. From the custom object, which has WesCooper & Sons Inc as the Account, I proceeded to click the "Create New Case" button, and this is where it fails. The wrong Record Type is inserted into the case just like in the production environment. I tested further by removing the "&" and replacing it with just a "N". After doing this, the case was created with the correct information.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this may be happening and what a possible solution could be?

Thank you,

Hi - I'm a bit new to Apex programming and I have a quick question.

Can I export the contents of a SOQL query within an APEX Global class to a CSV file? I know that we can use the Data Tool and possibly a VF page, but my company wants this to happen automatically, without any human intervention. Is there a way to do this, and if so, does anyone have a link that I can use as a guide?

Thanks for your time,

Wes Cooper

We have a custom object with a custom "Create New Case" button on it. When a user clicks the "Create New Case" button, the user is taken to a Record Type screen. The user then needs to select a Record Type, click next and then the case fields are populated with specific information from the custom object.

For 98% of the custom objects, this works, however we have run into problems where the wrong record type is populated in the new case even though the correct record type was selected. 

In our Sandbox, we were having a lot of trouble recreating the problem. No matter what we did, everything worked properly, until I created an Account with an "&" in the name. For example, I created an account called WesCooper & Sons Inc. From the custom object, which has WesCooper & Sons Inc as the Account, I proceeded to click the "Create New Case" button, and this is where it fails. The wrong Record Type is inserted into the case just like in the production environment. I tested further by removing the "&" and replacing it with just a "N". After doing this, the case was created with the correct information.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this may be happening and what a possible solution could be?

Thank you,