• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have an embedded VF page on the Account Detail.  However the page frequently supercedes the height in pixels set by the page layout.  This isn't a problem with scrollbars enabled however the embedded page renders with it scrolled by the bottom by default.  Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Quick question about commandLink and if anyone is facing the same problem.  

In an embedded VF page I use commandLink to apply logic and redirect to a newly created object if the User clicks on the button.  

I also have error checking in place on the logic applied so that the controller will add an Apex Page Message for errorsand return null for a Page Reference.

Since this is an embedded VF page.  I have the target on the commandLink set to _top because I want to redirect the parent page.  

The problem I'm running into is that on cases of return null the page will move the embedded page to top and then display the error message.  

Is there a way to only have the commandLink target top on cases of a PageReference return and not on cases of return null?

Thanks

So I'm using Javascript remoting to get a list that I query in the controller.  In order to return the list I use JSON.serialize to stringify the list and then in jQuery I use the parseJSON function which returns me an error. 

Anyone have any insight on the correct way to accomplish this?  Should I be using JSONGenerator instead?

I want to create Chatter items using @mentions.  To my knowledge this is only possible using the ConnectApi.ChatterFeeds.postFeedItem funciton and the ConnectApi.FeedItems.  However this function does not take a function so I cannot use it inside a trigger. 

Is there a way to bulkify this or is that not possible at the moment with feed items with chatter? Does anyone know of an alternative solution?

Thanks

My question is based on this and other threads which have solved this problem:

http://forums.sforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Embedding-Visual-FOrce-page-in-standard-layout-access-to-std/td-p/116543

However in these other threads, they managed to have solved the problem window.top.location.href = "{!standardobject.id}".  This reloads the same page but however loses the window placement which is kept by a refresh.  I've tried using window.top.location.refresh() in the same context but to no avail.  

Is there another way of refreshing the parent salesforce page from a visualforce page?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys I'd like to know if its possible to add a button or link to another visualforce page on a page, however I would like to do it in the middle of a page right above another text field in the layout.  Is this possible?  As far as I know custom buttons only go at the top of the page and right above the related lists.

Hey guys,

I'm running into a problem where I get the SELF_REFERENCE_FROM_TRIGGER in an after delete trigger.  My trigger is for applying additional logic for the merge operation.  Essentially when an account is deleted from a merge operation if that deleted account has a value for a field then undelete it.

However when I use the undelete in the after delete trigger I get something along the lines of:

SELF_REFERENCE_FROM_TRIGGER, Object (id = 001J000000RwTN2) is currently in trigger, therefore it cannot recursively undelete itself.

I've looked into the SELF_REFERENCE_FROM_TRIGGER erro but I can't make sense of it in this situation.  Anyone have any ideas into this?

Thanks

Quick question about commandLink and if anyone is facing the same problem.  

In an embedded VF page I use commandLink to apply logic and redirect to a newly created object if the User clicks on the button.  

I also have error checking in place on the logic applied so that the controller will add an Apex Page Message for errorsand return null for a Page Reference.

Since this is an embedded VF page.  I have the target on the commandLink set to _top because I want to redirect the parent page.  

The problem I'm running into is that on cases of return null the page will move the embedded page to top and then display the error message.  

Is there a way to only have the commandLink target top on cases of a PageReference return and not on cases of return null?

Thanks

So I'm using Javascript remoting to get a list that I query in the controller.  In order to return the list I use JSON.serialize to stringify the list and then in jQuery I use the parseJSON function which returns me an error. 

Anyone have any insight on the correct way to accomplish this?  Should I be using JSONGenerator instead?

I want to create Chatter items using @mentions.  To my knowledge this is only possible using the ConnectApi.ChatterFeeds.postFeedItem funciton and the ConnectApi.FeedItems.  However this function does not take a function so I cannot use it inside a trigger. 

Is there a way to bulkify this or is that not possible at the moment with feed items with chatter? Does anyone know of an alternative solution?

Thanks

My question is based on this and other threads which have solved this problem:

http://forums.sforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Embedding-Visual-FOrce-page-in-standard-layout-access-to-std/td-p/116543

However in these other threads, they managed to have solved the problem window.top.location.href = "{!standardobject.id}".  This reloads the same page but however loses the window placement which is kept by a refresh.  I've tried using window.top.location.refresh() in the same context but to no avail.  

Is there another way of refreshing the parent salesforce page from a visualforce page?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys I'd like to know if its possible to add a button or link to another visualforce page on a page, however I would like to do it in the middle of a page right above another text field in the layout.  Is this possible?  As far as I know custom buttons only go at the top of the page and right above the related lists.