• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I would like to copy and utilize the "Create QUOTE pdf & email" workflow functionality. It is very neat and easy to understand and use.

In more detail, I would like to add a custom button to a page that displays

1)

A css embedded poppup that display on top of the existing page, with a pdf rendering of the custom object data on the top portion of the page, and a number of conviniance buttons at the bottom. The buttons are "save the pdf", "email the pdf".

2) If I click email the pdf, I get sent to an email page where I can review the email and where the pdf is automatically attached to.

This is identical to the quote pdf functionality. I want to use the same workflow process to email pdf renderings of custom objects.

• January 16, 2013
<apex:page standardController="Quote__c"  tabStyle="Opportunity" >
  <apex:form > 
  <apex:pageBlock title="Quote Edit" tabStyle="Opportunity">

<apex:pageBlockSection title="test" showHeader="false">
      <apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
                  <apex:outputLabel>Account Name</apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputField value="{!Quote__c.Opportunity__r.Account}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
      </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>
</apex:page>

This visualforce page is overriding a New button. My org uses person account. Quote__c is the child of a master-child relationship with opportunity. When I click the new button from opportunity, I get this error message.

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)
There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Account ID: value not of required type: core.apexpages.el.adapters.metadata.SObjectMetadataELAdapter@b473136". 

Click here to return to the previous page.
  • December 13, 2012