• 149 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

were storing some html template pieces in a table and i want to use these snippets on a vf pdf rendered page

but whats ending up happening is the raw html is displayed on the pdf, not the rendered html

any way to get around this?

Hi ALL,

I need to fix some security Issue in my org with Salesforce but have no clue how to .

I am in a marketing company which uses salesforce . salesreps have many contacts and they create records having some Lookups to Contact. We generate Reports and etc etc stuff goes behind .

We have a Major Issue we need to restrict User from taking others contacts while leaving the ORG. If Contacts Records are Not shared we donnot get the Other team get Going when reports are generated. [Usually Marketting team / some one in the Org can export and take away Org Contacts[Source Of Business] and use in in a diff Org Needs to be restricted ]

How do we fix this How can i Log the Information about people Exporting the Records on Particular Object and Send an email to the Admin that a report has be Exported to Excel by User XXX .

Can some one suggest me a work Around.

Hi

In organizations How many users have you supported.

Regards.

I am looking to create custom objects within opportunity and am lost. Looking for some type of help or documentation to help me out.

Thanks!

Using 'Mass Email Lead' option for sending Email to particular Lead

Need help to track the click on the link (inside the email) by the Email receiver (only the count of Click on the link to be tracked)

Please Help

Warm Regards

Position Name    :         Senior Software Engineer - Salesforce.com

Experience           :         Must have 1 to 2 years of experience in Salesforce.com Projects.

Must be well versed with Apex Programming/ Visual Force/  Apex Triggers.

Must have experience in using webservices.

Must have very good skills in jquery and PHP programming.

Must have very good written and oral communication skills. 

Job Location         :        Chennai, India.

Apply with your latest resume.

We offer consulting services in Salesforce.com/Force.com platform and related technologies.

A brief about us:

• Silicon Valley based Cloud Consulting Company.
  • Our Senior Architects have 15+ years of experiece in IT consulting and have been implementing Salesforce.com based solutions for past the 5+ years.
  • Provide onsite/offshore development.
  • Many of our customers are from small & medium scale industry.
  • Follow best practices of Salesforce.com.
  • Customer Satisfaction is our #1 Goal.

Consulting:

• Free Initial Consultation.
  • Configure your Salesforce.com instance to suit to your business requirements.
  • Suggest relevant AppExchange Solutions depending on your requirements.
  • Custom development in VisualForce/Apex Programming to tailor suit requirements.
  • Support and maintenance of your existing SF customization/system.
  • Custom Application development on Force.com.
  • Integration with other ERP systems using ETL tools and Webservices.
  • Partner Customer Portal development.
  • Partner Portal development.
  • Force Sites development.
  • Product Prototype/Proof-of-Concept development.
  • Data migrations from your existing database to Salesforce.com.
  • Force.com development training.

Managed Services Package:

• We offer Managed Services contracts at a minimal fixed price based upon your edition.
  • Spend time in building your business rather than maintaining your salesforce.com org.

Position Name    :         Senior Software Engineer - Salesforce.com

Experience           :         Must have 1 to 2 years of experience in Salesforce.com Projects.

Must be well versed with Apex Programming/ Visual Force/  Apex Triggers.

Must have experience in using webservices.

Must have very good skills in jquery and PHP programming.

Must have very good written and oral communication skills. 

Job Location         :        Chennai, India.

Apply with your latest resume.

Does Salesforce Support HIPPA Compliance.

If Yes do we have any seperate DataBase where the data can be stored.

Hello, I'm having a strange issue where I'm getting too many code statements: 20001 on this trigger:

trigger UpdateLeadPass on Lead (before update) {

Lead[] lead = Trigger.new;
    Lead[] oldLead = Trigger.old;

if(Trigger.isUpdate) {    
        if (lead != null && oldLead != null){
            for(Lead leadPointer : lead) {
                for (Lead oldPointer : oldLead) {
                    if (leadPointer.bdr_to_sr__c == True){
                        leadPointer.bdr_to_sr_rep__c = UserInfo.getUserId();
                        leadPointer.Transfer_Date__c = System.Now();
                    } else if (oldPointer.bdr_to_sr__c == True && leadPointer.bdr_to_sr__c == false) {
                        leadPointer.bdr_to_sr_rep__c = null;
                    }
                    if (leadPointer.bdr_to_ae__c == True){
                        leadPointer.bdr_to_ae_rep__c = UserInfo.getUserId();
                    } else if (oldPointer.bdr_to_ae__c == True && leadPointer.bdr_to_ae__c == false) {
                        leadPointer.bdr_to_ae_rep__c = null;
                    }
                    if (leadPointer.bdr_to_reseller__c == True){
                        leadPointer.bdr_to_reseller_rep__c = UserInfo.getUserId();
                    } else if (oldPointer.bdr_to_reseller__c == True && leadPointer.bdr_to_reseller__c == false) {
                        leadPointer.bdr_to_reseller_rep__c = null;
                    }
                    if (leadPointer.sr_to_ae__c == True){
                        leadPointer.sr_to_ae_rep__c = UserInfo.getUserId();
                    } else if (oldPointer.sr_to_ae__c == True && leadPointer.sr_to_ae__c == false) {
                        leadPointer.sr_to_ae_rep__c = null;
                    }
                    if (leadPointer.sr_to_reseller__c == True){
                        leadPointer.sr_to_reseller_rep__c = UserInfo.getUserId();
                    } else if (oldPointer.sr_to_reseller__c == True && leadPointer.sr_to_reseller__c == false){
                        leadPointer.sr_to_reseller_rep__c = null;
                    }
                    if (leadPointer.ae_to_reseller__c == True){
                        leadPointer.ae_to_reseller_rep__c = UserInfo.getUserId();
                    } else if (oldPointer.ae_to_reseller__c == True && leadPointer.sr_to_reseller__c == false) {
                        leadPointer.ae_to_reseller_rep__c = null;
                    }
                }
            }    
        }
    }
}

The Trigger is very simple so I don't understand where this is happening? Strange thing as well, if I load let's say 350 leads the first 200 will get this error and the next 150 will load fine. If I reduce that too 300 leads loaded the first 200 still error and the next 100 make it in just fine.

Any help is very appreciated thank you!

-Jon

• September 10, 2013

hi.İm new on apex and i have a project.İ designed a custom object which name is order__c.İts works like opportunity.İ want to make it working syncronised with opportunity.When i create an order record it an be add on opportunity as same name and same properties(ordername,account,close date,) i fixed it no problem.But also i need to do these too.When i add an order line item(related to product) on order it can be added the same time on opportunity line item on the record which is in same name.Also i need to update the opportunity record which is created from order.Could you help me please???

Hello,

I am a new developer and working on my first coding project.  Here is my scenario:

I have a custom field on the Account object that I want to have populated with the contents of a field that resides on a separate custom object.  This update should happen anytime the custom object field is edited.

Here's another way of explaining it:

Account (Object 1)                                                                              Producer_Role_Code__c (Object 2)

Producer_Role_Codes__c (Field 1)                                              Role_Code__c (Field 2)

Anytime a new value is entered into Field 2, it should populate into Field 1.

Object 2 can have more than one Field 2 entry, so Field 1 will need to be able to display each Field 2 entry separated by a comma.

Additional info:

Object 2 is a related list on Object 1.

I have tried to make Field 1 a Formula(Text) field that pulls in the data from Field 2 but that did not work.

Any help/guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

• September 06, 2013

Hi,

I haev on requirement like if user selects picklist value to Closed all the fields makes readonly except 2 fields.

I used output field with rendered - But field is hiding in page if not matching the condition.

How do I achive this?

My Code :

<apex:sectionHeader title="IBX Lines Edit" subtitle="{!IBX_Lines__c.name}"/> 
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock mode="edit" id="pgBlockId"> 
            <apex:pageMessages escape="false" />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="both"> 
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/> 
                <apex:commandButton value="Save & New" action="{!save}" /> 
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/> 
            </apex:pageBlockButtons> 

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Information" columns="2"> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Name}" required="false"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.CurrencyIsoCode}" required="false"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Opportunity__c}" required="true"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Primary_Campaign_Source__c}" required="false"/>
                <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                  <apex:outputLabel value="IBX Name" for="stage"/>
                <apex:actionRegion >
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.IBX_Name__c}" required="true" id="stage">
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" reRender="dependentPick" action="{!getCompetitorsFromIBX}"/>
                </apex:inputField>
                </apex:actionRegion>
                </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Lead_Source__c}" required="false"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Line_Type__c}" required="true"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Cross_Region_Lead_Source__c}" required="false"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Adjustment_Type__c}" required="false"/> 
            </apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Status" columns="1"> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Forecast_Status__c}" required="false"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Lost_Reason__c}" required="false"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Closed_Won_Lost_Notes__c}" required="false"/> 

<apex:pageBlockSection title="MRR/NRR" columns="2"> 
                <!--<apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Forecast_MRR__c}" required="true"/>-->
                <apex:outputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Forecast_MRR__c}" rendered="{!(IBX_Lines__c.Forecast_Status__c='Slipped')}" />
                <!--<apex:outputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Forecast_MRR__c}" rendered="{!(IBX_Lines__c.Forecast_Status__c=='Active')}" />-->
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Forecast_NRR__c}" required="true"/>
                <!--
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Booked_Gross_MRR__c}" required="false"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Booked_Gross_NRR__c}" required="false"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Booked_Net_MRR__c}" required="false"/> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Booked_Net_NRR__c}" required="false"/> -->

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Competitors" columns="2" >

<!-- Temporarily commented out by SD -->

<c:MultiselectPicklist leftLabel="Available Competitors" id="dependentPick" 
                                       leftOptionsName="{!allCompetitors}"
                                       rightLabel="Selected Competitors"
                                       rightOptionsName="{!selectedCompetitors}"
                                       size="14"
                                       width="150px"/>
                <apex:inputHidden value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Competitors__c}" required="false"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Comments" columns="1"> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!IBX_Lines__c.Comments__c}" required="false"/> 
           </apex:pageBlock> 
    </apex:form> 
</apex:page>

hi,

Im integrating asp.net with salesforce, while debugging i got an error.please help me. how i can overcome this.

The error is :

"unable to automatically step into the server.connecting to the server machine 'login.salesforce.com failed.The debugger cannot connect to the remote computer.This may be because the remote computer does not exist or a firewall may be preventing communication to remote server"

were storing some html template pieces in a table and i want to use these snippets on a vf pdf rendered page

but whats ending up happening is the raw html is displayed on the pdf, not the rendered html

any way to get around this?

I am trying to place a URL in Home page component.  my URL has a '&'  symbol in it. this URL is from external system trying to show  in home page as iframe.

for ex if my url is " http://biwfclt01dev.corptest.com/ibi_apps/WFServlet?&IBIAPP_app=acs_reporting&IBIF_ex=sfdc_am&IBIMR_proc=is_sfdc_am_db " like this after placing URL in iframe it is changing '&' value to "amp;" so its directing to different page.

Any suggestions greatly appriciated.

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein I need to deploy 1-2 triggers and classes in a Salesforce Group Edition org.

The only solution I found from Google, is to create a managed package and get it authorized, through Security review and then deploy it from Appexchange.

Is this a viable solution? Does Salesforce allows(and pass the Security review)  to put such custom packages for specific customers on appexchange?

If yes, any other constraints in this? I am aware about the time which is around 5 weeks.

If no, any other solution ?

(The basic aim is to enable commision tracking on Opportunities, without using any paid app. )

Thanks.

• March 18, 2013

I created some custom buttons for my Opportunities tab. For some reason they're not working.

My "Send NY Invite" button is giving me this error:

Unable to Access Page

The value of the "template_id" parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information. 

and my "Send Vegas Invite" button isn't recognizing the Contact ID and putting it in the "To" field of the email.

I compared both buttons with the working "Send LB Invite" button and it looks like it matches, so I'm not sure why it's not working.

Working LB button code:

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor? 
p2_lkid={!Opportunity.Primary_ContactId__c} 
&rtype=003 
&p3_lkid={!Opportunity.Id} 
&template_id=00Xd0000000XAm6 
&retURL={!Opportunity.Id}

Not working NY code that prompts the error mentioned above:

&rtype=003 
&template_id=000Xd0000000XB4j 

Not working Vegas code that doesn't recognize the Primary Contact:

&rtype=003 
&template_id=00Xd0000000XG9s 

Hi ALL,

I need to fix some security Issue in my org with Salesforce but have no clue how to .

I am in a marketing company which uses salesforce . salesreps have many contacts and they create records having some Lookups to Contact. We generate Reports and etc etc stuff goes behind .

We have a Major Issue we need to restrict User from taking others contacts while leaving the ORG. If Contacts Records are Not shared we donnot get the Other team get Going when reports are generated. [Usually Marketting team / some one in the Org can export and take away Org Contacts[Source Of Business] and use in in a diff Org Needs to be restricted ]

How do we fix this How can i Log the Information about people Exporting the Records on Particular Object and Send an email to the Admin that a report has be Exported to Excel by User XXX .

Can some one suggest me a work Around.

Hi  i have a 2 objects ,PO and  SS, i want to populate the values of SS object into PO ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Adavance .

showModalDialog is not working in IE but work in firefox.

Hi Guys,

The code is done for the google map using visualforce page and assigned to the page layout. Not the all is showing any

error. But even not showing the map in the following accounts. I don't know in which setting its not allowing me not to cross  

the barrier to display it on accounts.

Can anyone help me on this.

Regards

Hi folks,

I'm trying to export some of our opportunity data using the Data Loader, and one of my custom fields is missing. It's a text formula that about half of all profiles can see. I have a different text formula that not everyone can see as well (there is some overlap as to the profiles that can see it), and that downloads fine, so that covers the field type and permissions... I can't think of what other variables (except Data Loader temperament!) could be causing this rather weird phenomenon. Any clues, folks?

Thanks,

Lee

Hi All ,

My senario is that I want to get AccountFeed for a particular user. but it is giving me error.

Inserted By Id cannot be filtered in query call 

Query -Select a.ParentId, a.Id, a.Body From AccountFeed a where ParentId=:account.id and InsertedById=:u.id ORDER BY CreatedDate DESC, Id DESC LIMIT 1

So how can i get AccountFeed for a particular User.

Thanks

Shailu

• March 07, 2013

Hi All,

From apex i am sending single email message. it is not showing any errors and exceptions. but still mail is not going.

code as below.

Opportunity oppty=[select id,ownerID,owner.email from Opportunity where id = :OpptyId];
EmailTemplate OwnerChangeET= [SELECT id FROM EmailTemplate WHERE developerName = 'OpportunityChangeOwner'];

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage() ;
String[] toAddresses = new String[] {oppty.owner.email} ;
mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses) ;
mail.setTargetObjectId(oppty.ownerID);
mail.setWhatId(oppty.Id);
//mail.saveAsActivity = false;
mail.setSaveAsActivity(false);
mail.setTemplateId(OwnerChangeET.id);
List<Messaging.SendEmailResult> results = new list<Messaging.SendEmailResult>();
List<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage> singleEmailList= new list<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage>();
singleEmailList.add(mail);
results=Messaging.sendEmail(singleEmailList);
if (results[0].isSuccess())
System.debug('&&&& ' +results[0]);

in the debug i am getting success .  i have tried with with sharing and without sharing class.

debug:

01:26:19.829 (829047000)|SYSTEM_CONSTRUCTOR_EXIT|[38]|<init>()
01:26:19.829 (829066000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[39]|LIST<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage>.add(Object)
01:26:19.829 (829088000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[39]|LIST<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage>.add(Object)
01:26:19.829 (829140000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[40]|Messaging.sendEmail(LIST<Messaging.Email>)
01:26:19.928 (928161000)|EMAIL_QUEUE|[40]|subject: A new Opportunity has been Assigned to you, bccSender: false, saveAsActivity: false, useSignature: true, toAddresses: [praveenkumar.reddy@hp.com], targetObjectId: 005d0000000f3aSAAQ, whatId: 006Z0000003rmqcIAA, templateId: 00XG0000001eql8MAA, htmlBody: <html>
<p>Hi PraveenKumar Reddy N,</p>

<p>You have been assigned ownership of the Opportunity: TestOpportunity</p>
<p>
For more details, click the following link:</p><a href="https://hp--supportdev--c.cs11.visual.force.com/006Z0000003rmqcIAA">https://hp--supportdev--c.cs11.visual.force.com/006Z0000003rmqcIAA</a></html>, 
01:26:19.928 (928279000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[40]|Messaging.sendEmail(LIST<Messaging.Email>)
01:26:19.928 (928407000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[42]|String.valueOf(Object)
01:26:19.928 (928464000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[42]|String.valueOf(Object)
01:26:19.928 (928484000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[42]|System.debug(ANY)
01:26:19.928 (928494000)|USER_DEBUG|[42]|DEBUG|&&&& Messaging.SendEmailResult[getErrors=();isSuccess=true;]

Any idea please?
thanks in advance.

We have a custom field "check" of type Picklist.
If we execute query using ajax and using sforce.connection.query in the VF page using special character like

var query = Select Id, LastName, FirstName From Contact where Contact.check__c like 'sdds!&*()_+{}|:<>?/.;][%';
var result = sforce.connection.query(query);

it give an error faultstring (give an error due to parentheses, curly braces, and square braces) other wise it is working fine
In controller it is also working fine with any special character
if we use any other field in place of "check__c" (or we can say other then picklist) then it is working fine for all the special character
can any one tell me how to execute this query properly for picklist type field(or how to handel parentheses, curly braces, and square braces for sforce.connection.query in the VF page)